No announcement yet.

US Election cancelled

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a wonderful idea - but do we really want them back?????
    Tx

Comment

Originally posted by tootles View Post
      What a wonderful idea - but do we really want them back?????
      Perhaps if we had them back, we could control our slipping pound better.
      I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

and as for the Aussies......
        aka
        Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
          and as for the Aussies......
          Now their a funny bunch, one game of rugby is not enough, no they have to make up another. Strange blokes, though without them we wouldn't have the phrase, 'I couldn't give a castlemaine 4x for....'
          Last edited by Mikey; 21-07-2008, 03:53 PM.

Comment

"I'm amazed at how many of them have no idea that there is a world outside their border"

Sometime in the late '80's I was in the US of A doing some work for a huge multi-national, and I was having a meeting with the clerical staff in their international law department. International. yes, INTERNATIONAL.

So anyway, they are talking about which countries they deal with, and that they have a list of 2-character short-hand codes for the countries, and would I like a list?

"Yes please, that will be useful to me"

The Office Manager returns with the list and apologises: "I'm sorry, I haven't updated this list for a while and we've added a few codes since"

A short discussion ensues about what countries might be missing from the list which culminates (for me, anyway!) in this:

Clerical person 1 : "Is China on the list?"

Clerical person 2 : "Is China a country?"

God's honest truth; I kid you not.
            K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

I like it.
              I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Comment

Love it!
                Please Piskie, can we introduce a law which stops them cutting their food into little bits all at once, then putting their knives down and chasing said food around their plates with just a fork? My Grandson (aged three) can manage to eat properly so I'm sure that - admittedly with some training - your average 'Merkin can do it too.
                Also, if we made them all drive 'proper' cars - you know, the sort with gears and clutch and everything - the west's carbon footprint would be halved overnight. (Again 3 year old grandson could probably manage an automatic, which is why so many people just out of nappies drive in the US)
                Also, please tell Her Majesty that South Dakota is far worse than Kansas.
                Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

So if they are becoming a part of the UK, how are we going to refer to them, will they been now known as the county off the coast of Cornwall. They could be called Clovis after the first inhabitants some 40000BC, I like that clovisians, makes them sounds greener.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X