No announcement yet.

ouch that hurt

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's plenty of miserable so-and-so's about HF. At least you being the nice person you are you with-held the snotty retort the poster obviously deserved (and I would have posted! )...

We call our new grown chilli/aub/tom seedlings 'the boys', its just a bit odd, but there ya go!
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

I must admit I did feel like being very naughty and going back to the forum and writing about how hard my 'girls' have been working and list each by name ie Hettie, Clary, Gertie, Lucy, plus 20,000 other girls names- ....but I wont. I know it is all to easy to miss understand words on a screen. I am sure the person meant well ? I think? I hope.
      I will just look and not write for a while - until I feel a little more brave.
      Last edited by Headfry; 18-07-2008, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Headfry View Post
        I must admit I did feel like being very naughty and going back to the forum and writing about how hard my 'girls' have been working and list each by name ie Hettie, Clary, Gertie, Lucy, plus 20,000 other girls names- ....but I wont. I know it is all to easy to miss understand words on a screen. I am sure the person meant well ? I think? I hope.
        I will just look and not write for a while - until I feel a little more brave.
        Its your choice bach, but I would continue if they offer valuable info, but just ignore the snooty ones. We all have off days from time to time, but that did sound just pompous.
        I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeywills View Post
          Yep, I have the lowest common denominator when it comes to humour aswell Andi&di.
          What do you mean "as well"?!
          the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Originally posted by andi&di View Post
            A sarcastic SOH is sometimes hard to get across on the pooter!
            I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

I really enjoy reading about your girls and hope to have some of my own soon, you and your girls played no small part in that. As I said before, after reading the books it seemed daunting. Don't worry about the odd pedant with no love of doing something just for the pleasure of it, there's always one. My children had a piece of hardware for Christmas which needed software loading to use it. I tried everything but it wouldn't work so I searched the internet to find a forum for this gadget and they couldn't be more different to the grapevine. They basically told me not to try things I hadn't done before. Well that would cover quite alot of things!!! A colleague of OH loaned me his copy and it worked proving that I hadn't done anything wrong but that the software was corrupt. Result: happy children, warm fuzzy feeling!

Our local bee-keeping group have been most welcoming and I'm looking forward to learning and practising and ENJOYING my own bees. I just don't think I'll be able to come up with a name as good as Attilla the Hum for my queen! lol
              TGR

Comment

Mr HF thought of Attilla.... fab isn't it!

Thank you for you kind words trebellangeminired, they will always be my girls!
                I do hope you will be able to get some bees!
                Please dont worry about the daunting books- a lot of it is done to get maximum amounts of honey. My bees are for pleasure first, then maybe a little honey. So long as they are healthy and happy, thats my main worry. (not sure how to tell if they are happy- but they seem to be)
                I say 'try things' I am sure the good people of the world would say the same, and be there to help if things should get a little difficult. I guess all people are different, it makes the world go round!
                But, please please don't stop trying things, you would miss out on so much that life has to offer. Your result is proof of that, happy children and happy you! perfect!
                Keep me posted with your news!

Comment

Originally posted by janeyo View Post
                  Well my chickens are always called my girls...neighbours must think I am potty, out there at the crack of dawn 'morning girls have you laid me any nice eggies today'... etc.

So I think you are perfectly right to call them girls (if that's what they are!)

janeyo
                  Phew, bit of a relief to know I'm not the only one who talks to her girls like that!
                  Kirsty b xx

Comment

If it's any consolation I talk to the rabbit (her ladyship) and the guinea pigs (the squeaky boys) like that too although obviously they don't lay eggs etc. My "boys" (the cats) generally get told off first thing for nagging.
                    Bright Blessings
                    Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

To that poiysun on that there beekeeping sight I say....

Last edited by HeyWayne; 22-07-2008, 07:56 AM.
                      A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Thanks HW, love the pic.

I will hold that pic in my mind for a rainy day!

Cute little fella!

Comment

Originally posted by Headfry View Post
                          I know I'm a softy but that hurt me lots! silly me I guess, but I am so glad the vine is not like that!
                          My bees will always be my girls! thats just the way of me
                          Stay just as you are Headfry! That person was probably having a really bad day and might not have even meant any offence. Alternatively, they were just being thoughless and/or mean, but it doesn't mean you have to take any less pleasure in looking after your girls

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

Yeah, I would say call them what you like. You must enjoy taking care of them
                            ScottyW, garden wizard Kids are growing up, have a corner of the garden to themselves now
                            Hopefully getting my new double glazing soon, yay!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X