No announcement yet.

school made me cry today

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good for you, I think it is so important that kids can swim even if they never use it. I am right there with you on the head under water thing. I was forced to do it when I was a tot and never got over it. I tried scuba diving a couple of years ago and I hated it, I think it goes back to the time when I was forced to put my head under water.

Well deserved and good on ya
    A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

A big well done to you Two Sheds. It's not just about teaching children to swim, it's about their whole confidence in themselves, and trust in adults. You've given them more than the ability to swim. Take a bow.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Well done two sheds I used to help in the pool when my daughter was small. I had to get in the freezing outdoor pool and tell the kids it was lovely but I made sure they didnt see me get in saying its cold cold cold over and over !!!!
        Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
        and ends with backache

Comment

Sounds like a very well deserved bouquet and box of choccies to me. You deserve that just for learning to swim as an adult, nevermind the rest! Well done on your achievements AND for helping the kiddies!

Comment

Well done lass. We had many volunteers at our school (where I worked, not when I was a pupil!) and we always made sure they got a gift at Christmas and the sumer break. So many things are only possible when you can have a higher pupil/adult ratio than the school can afford to pay for. More power to the elbows of all adults who help in schools - they deserve all the praise the school can shower on them - and more. Before I worked there I used to teach the older kids to play the guitar at lunchtimes. Some still meet me and ask if I remember them (as if I wouldn't!) and some are far better guitarists than I'll ever be.

With children as with gardening, the seed you sow grows into something much bigger.
            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X