i just knew it wasn't a good idea :(

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ohhhh noooooo now this has REALLY got me regretting his going

i'm gunna be on pins all the way from now till he gets back as it is. this is even worse now..

hope you get your lad back soon lynda, hun
    Last edited by citygirl; 10-07-2008, 09:14 AM.

Comment

still bloody waiting to hear anything, not slept all night, can't contact him, as his phone can't get a signal, he texted me off a friends phone when he arrived and i still had that number, i only remembered this morning, so i texted that and told him to tell rob to find a phone box and i'll ring him back

i don't think 'the mate' is a close one, i think he's a friend of a friend, as i didn't know the name, but it still makes me cross, that they were supposed to be having a good time, rob saved all his birthday money to pay for the trip. to twnerife, when he could have taken four of his closest mates to my sisters flat in spain for free. bloody kids who'd have em ...... the sad bit is, rob isn't a drunken loudmouth pisshead, he gets all giggly when he's drunk, and gives me cuddles and tells me he loves me lol.... he' just doesn't do the trouble causing thing.

Lynda xx

Comment

It's always us big cuddly daft-when-drunk types that get in trouble through no fault of our own.

I'm sure he'll be fine - try not to worry (easy for me to say as I don't have kids I know).

The main thing is he's not seriously hurt.

He sounds like a sensible lad who'll keep his head down, so if things have progressed he should be ok.

Fingers crossed for you.
        A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Ohh, Lynda hun - big [[hugs]]. Try not to be too cross when he gets back, without knowing the full story of course, it doesnt sound as tho it was his fault at all. Another lesson in life learnt well. Hope he's soon home safe and well with you.
          Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

If it's any consolation they do quickly grow bored of these trips. My boys were jetting off somewhere just about every month, but this has slowed to about three times a year now. Neither of them drink much when at home, (the youngest isn't that interested even when he's abroad) but many of these places are pretty much selling themselves purposely to young British males with cheap alcohol, accommodation and the like, then complain when they have to deal with drink related incidents. The trouble is there's so much peer pressure to go on these jaunts and when the alternative is to be left behind while your friends have a good time then most will cave in and go. I hope you hear from him soon, Lynda. It must be a nightmare for you.
            Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Oh you do have my sympathies, what a rotten thing to happen to your son. Hope he will be home safe and sound soon, then you can get some sleep and plot revenge on the other ****** that caused the trouble and spoiled his holiday.

Comment

still not heard anything, concrete, but am going to try finding the hotel tomorrow if i've still not heard, he's not rung his g/f either, (was a friend who told her what had happened) i'm really annoyed that his phone won't work bloody orange are rubbish, but i'm also annoyed that he doesn't seem to know what a phone box is i think i may have to teach him that when he comes home lol, he only went cos he got money off his dad for his 18th, and he wanted to do something special with it ...... well he won't forget it will he??

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
                  he only went cos he got money off his dad for his 18th, and he wanted to do something special with it ...... well he won't forget it will he??
                  Sounds like his dad needs a rollocking birthday to remember , especially when MUM gets hold of him

Comment

as much as i hate his dad lol, it was money he'd saved for him since he was little, i guess he thought he'd buy something useful

Comment

I know it's hard not to worry, but the same kind of thing happened to some mates of mine. Their families were worried sick, and when they got back, it turned out that nothing had happened about it. The complaints had stopped, the holiday carried on as normal, and my mates didn't even know that news of it had got back home. Young lads aren't the most sensitive of all, hey?!!

Comment

ok we have an update

Rob found an internet cafe today ..... he said he didn't ring, cos i was going to ring him back and it would make the phone bill really dear (bless)

anyway it turns out, the first night they did get drunk, and he was having a bit of a to do with a mate, when this other one got the wrong end of the stick and smacked him ...... ok not great, but i was expecting broken noses and everything ..... it was a bit bruised the next day, and is all forgotten now.

there were some complaints about the noise, but the rep said they get 3-4 a week of those, the police come as a matter of course, had a word with them, checked their passports, and went ....... and everything is now fine

i guess it's the fact i was so worried in the first place, and chinese whispers seem to have played a big part, and everything got blown up out of all proportion

so everything is fine, he's going to go on msn on sunday, and i haven't to worry and he misses his mum even though he's having a good time

phewwwwww panic over ....... actually nope panic not over till he gets home, but at least i know he's not locked up or on a plane home or sleeping on the beach now

oh but the bit about one lad getting a snotty text off his g/f and him getting the huff and spending £80 on 20 mins with a prostitute is all true :$
                        Lynda xx
                        Last edited by lynda66; 11-07-2008, 09:21 PM.

Comment

ok we have an update

Rob found an internet cafe today ..... he said he didn't ring, cos i was going to ring him back and it would make the phone bill really dear (bless)

anyway it turns out, the first night they did get drunk, and he was having a bit of a to do with a mate, when this other one got the wrong end of the stick and smacked him ...... ok not great, but i was expecting broken noses and everything ..... it was a bit bruised the next day, and is all forgotten now.

there were some complaints about the noise, but the rep said they get 3-4 a week of those, the police come as a matter of course, had a word with them, checked their passports, and went ....... and everything is now fine

i guess it's the fact i was so worried in the first place, and chinese whispers seem to have played a big part, and everything got blown up out of all proportion

so everything is fine, he's going to go on msn on sunday, and i haven't to worry and he misses his mum even though he's having a good time

phewwwwww panic over ....... actually nope panic not over till he gets home, but at least i know he's not locked up or on a plane home or sleeping on the beach now

oh but the bit about one lad getting a snotty text off his g/f and him getting the huff and spending £80 on 20 mins with a prostitute is all true :$
                          Lynda xx
                          So pleased for you Lynda,, would not want to be going through the worry that you are at present, but sounds like you have a good son ther bless him, you take time now to do what you want,, he sounds a sensible lad to me

Comment

Pleased to hear that everything is well.......although I know you won't really stop worrying until his plane lands back home.
                            Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Phew!!! Thank God I've got a few years till mine are old enough to give me such heart attacks! It doesn't get any easier then?! Glad he's OK. xxx
                              Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

ok we have an update

Lynda xx
                                Bargain.!
                                Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X