No announcement yet.

Web Offer Of The Month Ideas?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the idea of mixed sets, say salads, with lettuce, cucumber, toms, spring onion etc are put together. It won't be long before we are all looking for overwintering veg. Also a Christmas bag, stuff you can grow in time for christmas dinner.
    I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

If we're talking plants/seeds then I guess it would make sense to have whatever can be planted on that particular month. Being somewhat new to all this, knowing what to plant and when is always a challenge - the more help I can get, the better. Seasonal offers, or something like that.

Maybe having sections would be useful if planning to have more than one offer in any month. Tools/Plants & Seeds/Misc, that kinda thing.

Offers on stuff that you don't often see elsewhere might also be attractive - Felco secateurs, Wolf Tools etc.
      Last edited by HeyWayne; 09-07-2008, 02:24 PM.
      A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

If it's offers on larger value items then things like cold frames, mini greenhouses, raised bed kits, fruit cages, polytunnels would probably interest lots of people although I don't have room for most! I like the idea of mixed collections of plants etc. in small quantities for those with small plots or just gardens too.
        Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

What about discounts on preserving stuff? Jars, jam pans, jelly begs etc? They can end up being quite expensive when you're first starting. Maybe Lakeland or Ascott's would do a 'Starter Kit'?

Comment

Hi
            I like the idea of small quantities of potatoes, onions and shallots so you can grow different varieties without being overwhelmed. I like to grow different potatoes but to do so you end up with too many, so an offer of say 6 different tubers, 5 of each would be splendid.
            Sue

Comment

As Sarah says, things to use in cooking/preserving produce would be a good idea too, I saw a flashy looking fruit drier in a mag. that looked quite expensive & Lakeland have a new 'jam making' dooda, looks like an electric plug-in all in one maker.Also things like fruit presses are usually expensive, big discounts on things like that would be welcome.
              Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X