Oh purleease no more!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
    Frankie Valli or Crowded House (depending on your age group!) .....go on, you can do it....
    Always take the weather with you.
    The greatness comes not when things go always good for you,but the greatness comes when you are really tested,when you take,some knocks,some disappointments;because only if youv'e been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

Comment

Went to Betys y Coed, Snowdonia, today. They must have their own weather system over there 'cos the weather was warm and sunny. Nah nah nah!
      I you'st to have a handle on the world .. but it BROKE!!

Comment

nope Cloud hun - try Four Seasons in One Day
        aka
        Suzie

Comment

I think there's also a hotel for our weather.

I think given the recent thread on misspellings we should rename our weather to whether. You never know weather it's going to be sunny, raining, snowing, hailing or whatnot on any given Sunday.

Or Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday.....
          A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

went over to plot saturday, blowing old boots. Young Bramley apple tree was getting such a bashing, even heaving in the ground - you could see the ground moving! Panic!!!! more stakes and ropes to hold her still.
            They now say that ALL of July and August will be like this!

WHAT!!!!
            Last edited by Headfry; 07-07-2008, 07:41 AM.

Comment

That's what they're saying Headfry. Last summer's school hols were miserable too.
              I don't think I'll be putting my hammock up this year either, then.
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

We had lots of sun on Friday morning, and then it rained all evening (luckily I got guilty in the morning and went to lottie instead of back to bed on my day off, as per original plan).

On saturday, it rained all morning, although it did dry out in the evening (but not sunnny).

Yesterday, we woke to more wet - but got some nice sunshine for a couple of hours in the afternoon.

But the soak-away in the back garden is flooded, and that normally only floods in the depths of winter inthe heaviest rain.

This m,orning was cool and cloudy but dry, and the sun has literally just peeped out while I am typing this.

Comment

I bet we still have a hosepipe ban in August!

(not that it's a bad thing of course, just trying to make a point y'understand).

What would Vedder do?

Comment

It has rained all weekend where I am... I tried to do some weeding in the rain (wellies, waterproof trousers, waterproof coat) but it was absolutely horrid...

We've had thunder and lightening, gale force winds and so much rain, I keep having to check the calendar to see it say "July" and not "February"...

I suppose at least my water butts are full (and over flowing) and I haven't had to water anything (it's drowning instead!)

Comment

Same here, it's chucking it down at the moment, yesterday was really strange with lovely hot sunshine one minute then wind rain & thunder the next. I'm really annoyed because I had some lovely lilies I've managed to keep the slugs & snails off but because it was raining last night I didn't go out to pick the slimey devils off & this morning the lilies have all got chewed flowers & holes in the leaves!
                      Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

what was really puzzling yesterday was that it spent the most part of the arvo raining,yet when we went to lottie teatime to see to the chooks,the ground was bone dry!?sowed a row of carrots & had to water the row before making the drill as the soil was like dust!!So where did the rain go??!!
                        the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Originally posted by andi&di View Post
                          So where did the rain go??!!
                          We've got it. We've had it all day - horrible heavy stuff too.

Wannit back?

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
                            We've got it. We've had it all day - horrible heavy stuff too.

Wannit back?
                            It fell from the sky most of y'day arvo,just didn't seem to make it to the ground!!Not been to lottie yet today(think i might give andi the pleasure of egg collecting in the rain!),but there's prob a flood,been several hard downpours cheers!~couldn't you have sent them this way when i wasn't on school/nursery run!?(for future ref keep your rain between the hours of~8:30-9:45,11:15-12:15&3:00-3:45!!until the summer hols when by preference you only sent it after dark!!Cheers muchly!
                            the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Well blowing a hoolie at the mo and its p..........ersistintantly raining,and its blown my raspberry canes over by snapping the supporting wires
                              The greatness comes not when things go always good for you,but the greatness comes when you are really tested,when you take,some knocks,some disappointments;because only if youv'e been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

Comment

RUN TO THE WINDOW QUUUUIIIICK ......Four horses just went passed eeeekkkk we're all doomed Cap't Mannering doomed oi tell 'eee
                                Last edited by piskieinboots; 07-07-2008, 06:33 PM.
                                aka
                                Suzie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X