Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
    you could be a Granma next year
    he already knows if he makes me a granny before i'm 60 his testicles are being fed to the dog

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
    Yeah, give him some condoms before he goes - you can't do much more surely???
    he has been with his g/f for 15 months, i said take condoms, he said theres no way he's going to be unfaithful, i stuck some in his bag and said .... just in case your mates need them

Originally posted by Rhona View Post
    You don't look old enough to be a mummy to an 18 year old!!!
    thanks lol ..... i'm 42 in august ..... and i definitely feel every year of it at the moment.

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    That's just what I was thinking!!!!

Never mind - she'll be grey with worry by the time he gets back!!!!!!
    why do you think i dye my hair black?

Originally posted by Kristen View Post
    When I was 18 I buzzed off to the far East (SNIP)
    thanks for that...... i shan't worry at all now .... actually i went to live in Greece when i was 18 lol ..... at least he's only going for 2 weeks ..... i did suggest looking for a summer job out there, and to come back to go to uni, but he said his g/f would kill him

Originally posted by Rhona View Post
    ...so... you feeling better now Lynda?
    god yes totally relieved

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    Get him a girlfriend to go with him ASAP- then at least you'll know where he is and what he'll be doing most of the time!
    !
    his g/f won't go cos he's going with 8 lads, and 8 more are going 4 days after, and if he wants to do that he's got a bed upstairs ....... actually it was very funny the other night, i could hear the bed springs, so i turned the telly up, then later ...... went upstairs, and said, remind me to tighten your bed up tomorrow ....... the looks on their faces ......... priceless ...... i have just been to B&M and stocked up on choccy

Originally posted by Pootle View Post
    He's doing what the politicians do - talking up all the bad things so that when something does happen you say 'oh well, that wasn't as bad as I was expecting'!

He sounds great - really switched on. I know it's hard but don't worry too much about him! I hope he has a great time
    yeah, but i wasn't expecting ...... till he told me about the bail insurance lol i know he'll be fine, it's just he's my only baby

Comment

Woohoo, party round Lyndas, when the mice are away the cats can play!!
      I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

i'll get him to put the gazebo up then before he goes we can have a BBQ

Comment

when i was 18, i went to spain with a supposed friend who left me on the first night and i ended up extremely drunk getting into a cop car to go back to the hotel - called , wait for it ................"El Cid" ha ha !!! i got drunk everynight and partied like never before (no not what you lot are thinking)!!

I think i would have a panic attack when my DD gets to 18 and wants to go abroad, how times change!!

Hope he has fun and so do you!!

SS

Comment

oh i sooo with ya there lynda. my eldest son turns 18 in 10 days, and is off on his first holiday with his mates at the end of august and if that's not bad enough, his first ever passport arrived this morning, i had to sign for it. so now it's on my mind from now till he comes back

on the plus side though, my eldest daughter announced to me by text this morning that she's expecting my SECOND grandchild... i'm only 37!!

Comment

I started a reply to this earlier and decided to zap it. My son went to Tenerife 4 weeks ago with 3 mates. They were mugged (well they got so pissed on their first night they fell asleep on their way back to their hotel).

Their pockets were slit and all their mobiles, money and credit cards were stolen along with their trainers. My son ended up with the only money between them and that was because he had fallen asleep on his back pocket. Even though insured, I had to bail them out in the meantime . I haven't had a penny piece back from any of them .

I've been taken for a mug AGAIN. On top of that, I've been without water for 4 days with said son promising to fit a new ballcock etc to my header tank. I've already been in the 4ft crawl space in the attic, and all those who've met me will know I'm not designed for such antics. I will do it if I have to, but the thought of trying to fit a new ballcock and arm in such a small space at my age is not on.
              Last edited by JanieB; 01-07-2008, 06:53 PM.
              "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
              "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
              Oxfordshire

Comment

Originally posted by squashysu View Post
                when i was 18, i went to spain with a supposed friend who left me on the first night
                SS
                i went to france with a mate who did that, only saw her about 4 nights all 2 weeks ...... and when i go somewhere, i like to actually see a bit of it, whereas she just wanted to lie on the beach ...... so i went off for a walk, and ended up in a nudist camp ..... i was very shocked to see a naked man doing a BBQ lol

Originally posted by citygirl View Post
                oh i sooo with ya there lynda. my eldest son turns 18 in 10 days, and is off on his first holiday with his mates at the end of august (snip)
                lol, mine turned 18 in February, he's just got his first passport too, he was on mine before, a few months on the novelty of legally going out every night and getting completely ratted has worn off a bit now.

2nd grandchild i'd kill him lol

thankfully he wants to get uni sorted first, and get a decent job before he thinks about kids ....... his g/f feels the same, and anyway her parents would kill her too (her mum had her when she was 16 and has drummed it into her to get a life first) and anyway, they think when she stays over, she sleeps in the bed and son sleeps on the floor ..... apparently she's told them they want to wait till they get married lol

Originally posted by JanieB View Post
                I started a reply to this earlier and decided to zap it. My son went to Tenerife 4 weeks ago with 3 mates. (snip).
                he has been told to keep everything down his pants, apparently it's quite common out there, anyway, he bought new tight fitting underpants, so he doesn't lose anything lol.

mind you something like that could happen in the middle of manchester just as easily

i think i would remove all food, washing, and bathing rights, and take his telly out of his room until he'd done it ..... most of them think with their bellys

Comment

"Their pockets were slit and all their mobiles, money and credit cards were stolen along with their trainers. My son ended up with the only money between them and that was because he had fallen asleep on his back pocket"

Sounds just like my armed gunman incident. It was just like how you see in the "Don't let this happen to you" adverts. One of the younger hijackers came down the bus "collecting" contraband. I had padlocked my shoulder bag which, despite being equipt for such security, I had NEVER done. He said something, which I didn't understand, and I asked for clarification in English. Conversation ensued, and he said "Keep the bag, that's OK" at which point the big chief appeared, produced a Stanley knife, slit the bag end-to-end like he did it 100 times a day, fished out my camera equipment complete with massive extension - Oh! Er! Missus! - and off they all toddled. Of course it contained a nearly fully exposed roll of film, which is gone for ever.

And you have reminded me that I also met some nice chap who said he wanted to practice his English; took me to the cinema; and then offered to get me a posh, latest model, camera from his work "for a very good price" and walked off through the factory gates with my cash whilst I stood there for half-an-hour feeling increasingly lemon-like. Lesson learnt (although training has had to be reinforced several times since!! - and I aint even got to the senile dementia stage yet!)

No. 1 daughter, aged 14, has trogged off to Frog for French exchange for 10 days (and trogs off to USA for a couple of weeks the day after she gets back - all right for some!). She phoned to say she had left her jacket at the X-Ray machine on the way out; "Lost & Found" have it, and a mere £5.50 to reclaim. Despite the fact that it could easily have been me leaving an even-more-valuable possession at the X-Ray queue, it will be her £ 5.50 that gets it back. I'm all heart, and also "Head of Youth Training" (I have other titles too!)
                  K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

"i was very shocked to see a naked man doing a BBQ

Remind me pls ... what page of the Karma Sutra is that?

"he wants to get uni sorted first"

Give him a pat on the back from me. Absolutely 10-out-of-10 on the laudability scale

Comment

cheers guys. you're really helping my paranoia

*unsubscribes from thread*

Comment

I have also been abroad lots of times where nothing happened. They were boring. I've never told anyone about those ...

Comment

Well lets look at this from a male point of view, at 18 on holiday. You are going to drink to excess, party till you cannot stand, try but, not necessarily achieve it to pull, ogle lots of lovely scantily clad girlies, sleep while sunbathing, eat crap and come back spotty, knackered, penniless, and sun burn't but with hopefully lots of funny stories to tell when your old and grey.
                          I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X