No announcement yet.

Another saddo here - needs hoover help!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my brother had a dyson but was told when he replaced his carpets, for fairly expensive ones by the carpet fitter that dyson is bad for your carpets as it sucks out so much of the carpet fibre as well as the dirt!!! Mum has one and finds it good. I havea Henry its lasted longer than any other i have had!!

Comment

Originally posted by ailsasyl View Post
      my brother had a dyson but was told when he replaced his carpets, for fairly expensive ones by the carpet fitter that dyson is bad for your carpets as it sucks out so much of the carpet fibre as well as the dirt!!! Mum has one and finds it good. I havea Henry its lasted longer than any other i have had!!
      The worst vacuum for lifting carpets are Kirby as I remember. Damned good suction, but truly heavy and cumbersome kit!

Ours looked like this one:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1147/...g?v=1185014723
      Last edited by HeyWayne; 30-06-2008, 01:32 PM.
      A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by squashysu View Post
        depends SBP, do you have a dog with hairs,

As opposed to a bald dog?? Now there's an idea. After hoovering yesterday, maybe it's time I considered shaving the cat. Anyone else have to hoover their BED??

Comment

with 2 cats and a dog yup ..... i have to hoover everything twice lol, though i think it's easier to just stick them in the dryer. and i do shave the dog

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
            with 2 cats and a dog yup ..... i have to hoover everything twice lol, though i think it's easier to just stick them in the dryer. and i do shave the dog
            Buy a garden vacuum. That way you mix the pet hair in with the shredded leaves etc and it can all go straight on the compost heap!

Or just simply vacuum the animals.
            A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

You may jest, but you can actually buy a vacuum cleaner for your horse. Presumably you wait for them to come back down from the orbit you send them into when you turn it on!

Comment

A bungalow's the answer!
                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

what have you lot got for allotments mine dose not have stairs only carpet is covering the compost heaps dont need hoovering.

Comment

Originally posted by coomber View Post
                    I'd go with a Dyson every time. we bought a Meile on recommendation a couple of years ago and it was cr@p only lasted about 8 months then had to go and buy another Dyson
                    See now I would have to contradict you here, all miele hoovers come with a two year guarantee so you should have had someone out to fix it. There's always going to be a lemon in every manufacturer. Miele however did take the top 5 hoovers in last years which report, Dyson was nowhere to be seen.
                    I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

i do hoover the dog, but if you saw my cat when he gets angry, you wouldn't want to hoover him either ..... i had 4 stitches in my thumb last year, he was only 8 months old, and came in covered in oil, so i had to bath him ...... he's now about the same size as a rottweiller, and has sharp claws and teeth ...... i'm not going near him with the hoover.

the hoovers for horses are very quiet, and they don't seem to mind them at all once they get used to them, and it saves loads of grooming
                      Last edited by lynda66; 30-06-2008, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Got a 3-storey so lots of stairs!! Got a second hand Henry a year or so ago and he's wonderful. I can plug him in in the downstairs hallway and the flex goes all the way to the top so I don't have to faff around un- and re-plugging.
                        The dust collector bit holds a massive amount either with or without a bag. (Ran out of bags and forgot to buy more, so had no choice really!)

They are expensive, but last for years
                        Kirsty b xx

Comment

We've just bought our 2nd dyson in 15 years!! the previous 8 saw us go through 3 of various makes.

The one w have now is the super duper jobby with suction like a hong kong .... er, well anyway, it's quite good (especially with pet hairs)

PS, the old one now lives upstairs so we use that for the bedrooms and is still OK but not as good as it was 15 years ago )
                          Last edited by nick the grief; 01-07-2008, 07:50 PM.
                          ntg
                          Never be afraid to try something new.
                          Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                          A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                          ==================================================

Comment

Here's the miele for comparison.

Vacuum Cleaners

PS, I have vested interest.
                            Last edited by Mikey; 01-07-2008, 10:40 PM.

Comment

I have two cats and Mr HF!
                              I have a Dyson, had it 12 or so years! yes bits have broken and fallen off all over the show - but it has sucked up so much stuff, plaster dust, rubble, saw dust, soot, and pet hairs for england! it still works fine Mr HF took it up into the loft the other month.....it's an old house - all lath and plaster and oh boy the dust and junk on the loft floor, but trusty Dyosn did it fine!
                              Our house is small, with lots of wooden floors, I am not very tall or strong and struggle with the weight and size of current Dyson.
                              Next doors has just bought a baby Dyson, has any one here got one? it's a something 25 I think.
                              Might keep old one, but this new 'baby' looks ideal for me, I just dont know much about it.
                              also,
                              If I were to buy one and it was not up to the job, could I take it back? hoovers are not cheap and I would not buy shoes without first trying them! so where do you stand with a hoover, lawn mower or similar!

Comment

I think HF if you buy it and its faulty then you can ask for your money back, also if it doesn't perform as you were led to believe. If you decide you just don't like it, tough I'm afraid, the retailer does not have to take it back just because you have changed your mind.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X