No announcement yet.

Life gets in the way!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Janie - I have a seed bed that has a load of brassicas in - I sowed a load and haven't prepared the bed. I think I will have too many anyway. i can chuck some in a jiffy bag to you if you need them. Plus I have a new load of swedes that have just come up so I'll have loads more than I need anyway.

If you want them, PM me.

Comment

JanieB - sorry I have missed all of this, where in Oxon are you?

Comment

that is terrible and shocking i can't really help much as im in rugby but as all of the others have said, there should be somthing you can do with the committee to come to some kind of agreement and taking your greenhouse down is not on!

Wouldn't it be nice if we could find a job that would allow us to just be in our allotment all day - we can but dream

Keep your chin up :-)
        Somedays your up, somedays your down, but you have to make the best of everything

Comment

Faringdon. If you look at Google maps, I'm in Coxwell St and the lottie is just NW of me.
          "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
          "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
          Oxfordshire

Comment

Hi Janie - sorry to have come to this so late, just found the thread. At least it sounds as though things are moving in the right direction for you now. I agree with those who said cover the site with cardboard or whatever, it will make it look a lot tidier and show that you're trying. How about a couple of fast growers like courgettes, which will cover a decent amount of ground in a short time and again show you mean business? Or some plug plants from a GC if there are still any around?

I can let you have various types of seeds, now my sowing is over for the year I have all sorts of bits and pieces going spare - just pm me your address hon if you're interested.

Hang in there, as the song says things can only get better - and you have us motley lot here to rant/scream at if you need to let off steam!
            Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

We give our plot holders a year. Then we would have a nice chat with them, to see if we could help in any way.

Any news yet JanieB they seem to be very heavy handed with their holders!

Comment

I had similar last year. After 9 months off work with depression and prior to that a small op, the plot was the last place I wished to go. I had a phone call....not a concerned call of are you ok but rather aggressive 'what are you doing with your plot. ' They have nothing else better to do than hassle. I am sure like me your plot has been previously tendered well. I then got hassled in October when paying subs by his wife....They are just 2 misserable OAP's with nothing else better to do. I have had no trouble since and there are plots better and worse than mine. One lady who only grows flowers was threatened with eviction and her plot always looks nice.
                When things happen in life you just need to go with it .
                The last people you think of informing people of life changes or illness is the allotment commitee.

Stay with it......life is too short. It will get better
                Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful..William Morris

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X