No announcement yet.

Most Hated Weeds

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have a eucalyptus (not planted by us) cost close on £300 to have it reduced every other year! I would never have chosen this tree, they should come with a warning.....stand well back and watch me grow!
    We think of those living under it's shadow, so the work has to be done or it will be a monster. It's trunk is huge!

most hated weed, couch grass, bind weed, couch grass..... thistles and dock!

Comment

Mares tail for me
      TGR

Comment

got to be thistles for me.we seem to have done fairly well rooting out couch grass\bindweed,but no matter how hard we try thistles seem to spring from nowhere!also the times i'll crouch down to weed not realising ones just behind me~bl***y painful!&if you 4get to clear every bit of picked leaf they get more lethal as they die off.ouch!
        the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

mares tail , all others are easy compared to this plant.
          ---) CARL (----
          ILFRACOMBE
          NORTH DEVON

a seed planted today makes a meal tomorrow!

www.freewebs.com/carlseawolf

http://mountain-goat.webs.com/

now in blog form ! UPDATED 15/4/09

Comment

Marestail.

Comment

Useful little site, here
              I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

I'm with the bindweed brigade, hate the stuff. Luckily it's the only real weed I have trouble with - all the others seem to be hoe-able.
                A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by kirsty b View Post
                  Bloody stinging nettles!! for some reason I have become really sensitive to them. The back of my hand still has little red marks from when I got stung the other day and itches like crazy.
                  and bindweed I pull as much up as I can get hold of and feed it to my chooks, they love it.
                  I'll send you a jiffy bag of dock if you want; it works for me - gets rid of the sting almost immediately.

My pet hates this week; are couch grass, bindweed [and we have a bunching type of bindweed, not sure of its name], that thistle with roots you can never dig up and of course horsetail/marestail whatever; horrible stuff.
                  Last edited by zazen999; 19-06-2008, 11:08 AM.

Comment

I hate bindweed and nettles....

Hate getting stung by nettles, and hate the way bindweed appears overnight

Comment

Mikeywillis - thanks for the link

I've just cut this section from the page you sent:-

Never touch Horsetail with a mechanical cultivator. If you do you will understand why it has been around for 60 million years

The person who had my plot prior to me, rotavated (against advice I am told) - when I took it on it was 5-6ft tall in weeds and guess what? Nearly all marestail!!!!!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X