No announcement yet.

I've been bitten!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now cheese I can handle, I lurve cheese! Its Mr D's fault, the first thing he cooked for me (on his birthday, officially before we had started going out together, we'd been down to Manchester, and were starving (and a bit drunk), but couldnt find anything to eat (both skint at the time), so he suggested cheese on toast at his, I wasn't impressed until he served up Extra Mature Cheddar on bram cakes, absolutely delicious!)
    Blessings
    Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
    Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
    Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
    On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
      A friend of ours, a GP, reckons he eats a teaspoon of Marmite before going into the field (Natural History fiend) to keep off biting insects. Maybe THEY either love it or hate it too!
      Years and years ago I was invited to an 'interesting' party and part of the main feature of this party was Marmite...

Never did like the stuff. But I have heard this as well. When I worked in the Georgia woods (ref. "Tramp', Otis Redding & Aretha Franklin, 1966) around Atlanta, I knew a guy from Manchester (poor bloke!) who used to have a Marmite butty about 1 hour before he went into the 'field'. He never got bitten. Skeeters the size of birds there. Mark only ever got snakebites. The ones in a glass.

Call me 'Belgian' - a bit of waffle that was!

Hope the bites get better soon Mrs D. Never heard of 'ALCOFROL'.. Wassat? No probs if it is this 'alcofrol' you have to avoid.
      Let's go diggin' dirt....

Big silver bird, come land low and slow
      Cut your engines, cool your wings,
      You've taken me home...

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Dobby View Post
        Now cheese I can handle, I lurve cheese! Its Mr D's fault, the first thing he cooked for me (on his birthday, officially before we had started going out together, we'd been down to Manchester, and were starving (and a bit drunk), but couldnt find anything to eat (both skint at the time), so he suggested cheese on toast at his, I wasn't impressed until he served up Extra Mature Cheddar on bram cakes, absolutely delicious!)
        Should I start up a thread as to what things we said and did that 'impressed' our prospective partners and led up to our nuptials? First thing I cooked for Shirls was an omelette. Good enuff to sole yer shoes with it were!

She took great pity on this scrawny medical imaging student and decided there and then to marry him to ensure he got well fed.

You've taken me home...

Comment

Lol! Sounds like it could be an interesting thread Max!

Hmm, perhaps I'll do the omlettes on the Shell Island camping trip then, shall I?
          Blessings
          Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx

Comment

I didn't think the super mossies went so far north.
            The greatness comes not when things go always good for you,but the greatness comes when you are really tested,when you take,some knocks,some disappointments;because only if youv'e been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Dobby View Post
              Lol! Sounds like it could be an interesting thread Max!

Hmm, perhaps I'll do the omlettes on the Shell Island camping trip then, shall I?
              Eggsactly my point. I am not yolking when I say my cooking is ab'shell'utely awful. PAIN...

Shirls' omlettes are all'white' though.

You've taken me home...

Comment

D'oh! You after Hey Waynes crown as bad punster or sommat?
                Blessings
                Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

Comment

steroid cremes are a no no it thins the skin, and are not good for the bones either, you got me worried for a min there as i have 3 bites like that and i foolishly scratched one like mad for now i have a nice clear scab on it, and the raised red rash did spread a little i was sticking savlon on it, was a nightmare, i got told mozzies dont like marmite or garlic,
                  its been 4 days now, i know it was mozzies as was out late in the garden, the other night the itching got so bad after i had my bath i put toothpaste on it, bit nuts i know but its good for spots and i didnt see the harm eased the itching though honest its not gone but it has gone down now though, im a doctors phobe and as ive been on antibiotics lately anyway i didnt see the point in going,
                  i wouldn't mind others experimenting with toothpaste and see if they find it eases there itching thats if they dont mind being a guinea pig be interesting to see if it works on others, and it would save people buying yet another creme to add to there cupboard that only gets half used b4 the sell by date and wasted

Comment

Are they getting better or worse Mrs D?
                    The greatness comes not when things go always good for you,but the greatness comes when you are really tested,when you take,some knocks,some disappointments;because only if youv'e been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

Comment

Much better thankyou! Still a bit tichy, but sweeling has gone down considerably, much more comfortable!
                      Blessings
                      Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

Comment

Glad to hear they are getting better Mrs D. Did you try the cornflour and vinegar treatment?
                        Happy Gardening,
                        Shirley

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X