No announcement yet.

Foreign call centres

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't mind where the call centre is as long as I get the service I want.

The ones I REALLY hate are the companies that phone me up and then play a recorded message (so I just hang up, or don't bother answering if it looks like a non-personal number) or the ones from the UK where the telesales person has a script to get through and will not deviate from it to respond to anything I say/ask. Like "where did you get this number" since I have registered with the TPS and still get the calls!
    You are a child of the universe,
    no less than the trees and the stars;
    you have a right to be here.

Max Ehrmann, Desiderata

blog: http://allyheebiejeebie.blogspot.com/ and my (basic!) page: http://www.allythegardener.co.uk/

Comment

i hate is as well when a company has got you interested and then want ur bank details over the phone (don't trust it at all) but when you ask then to send you something on paper so you know what your buying they go on and on and on and on about how safe it is and actually the info i'm giving out is readily available to anyone. i think i'm gunna just stop answering my phone!!!

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
        Then change your ISP, it ain't the fault of the people they employ!
        Given the aggravation I had last time I switched, I'd rather not.

I never blamed the person.
        A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne
          Originally posted by smallblueplanet
          ...Had a particularly strained conversation with a representative from a certain internet provider earlier today, hence the post.
          Then change your ISP, it ain't the fault of the people they employ!
          Given the aggravation I had last time I switched, I'd rather not.

I never blamed the person.
          Really? So what is the point of your post? Why not name the ISP with the foreign call centre then?

Hit them where it hurts - take your money somewhere else! Consumer power!
          Last edited by smallblueplanet; 28-05-2008, 08:50 AM.
          To see a world in a grain of sand
          And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Why not name the ISP with the foreign call centre then?
            Because I wasn't sure if it's in breach of forum regulations.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

One of them heavy-handed Mods would soon be around! Anyway you wouldn't be saying anything libellous, would you!

Comment

Anyway you wouldn't be saying anything libellous, would you!
                Depends how good the lawyer from Tiscali was....

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Depends how good the lawyer from Tiscali was....
                  Lol! Well if they were like their ISP's service? One thing I'd bet on, they'd be busy, you'd not be on your own with a strong opinion about Tiscali!

I had a small run-in with them about 5 years ago, I got off quite lightly.

After I'd been allowed to sign up for their broadband service they told me they couldn't supply me. I was confused by that, but thought I'd try elsewhere - only to find out that Tiscali had actually connected me to a BB service! The tricky bit was getting them to cancel something they didn't think they were supplying!

Didn't take too long in the end, I feel I got off lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Jana Muck View Post
                    I just tell them to **** off. We all lost our jobs at a call centre for BT and I think if we all put the phone down on them, they will one day have to bring our jobs back to this country. Sorry to rant but this subject makes my blood boil.
                    Why would you want to abuse somebody who is just trying to do their job - there's no point in being rude to them, it wasn't the person on the phone's decision to move the call centre. Politely tell them that you can't understand etc but please don't be rude.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Heavy-handed Mod at your service
                      Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

I've been getting a bit of pressure from OH to move ISPs, but the one I'm with has an English call centre, and was very helpful when we had problems connecting. They even gave us a month free when I asked about how to move, and changed our package to a cheaper one without a fee. I know they were taken over by BT, but seem to have retained their own identity. So, it costs a bit more overall, but I know I can get problems sorted easily.
                        I find it very embarassing when I have to talk to someone whose accent makes it hard to understand them, whether it's phone, hospital, whatever. I always feel it's my fault, and I SHOULD know what they are talking about.
                        I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
                        Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                          Why would you want to abuse somebody who is just trying to do their job - there's no point in being rude to them, it wasn't the person on the phone's decision to move the call centre. Politely tell them that you can't understand etc but please don't be rude.
                          I dont ask them to call me so why should I be polite to them and as they cant even pronounce my name right, so shouldn't even be doing the job in the first place.
                          Regards
                          Lady Jana Muck

Comment

I dont ask them to call me so why should I be polite to them and as they cant even pronounce my name right, so shouldn't even be doing the job in the first place.
                            There is no reason why you should be rude to somebody who is just doing their job, yes, they may not speak your language as well as a native speaker or be able to pronounce your name correctly but they are still trying to do a job. On occaision I have to ring people through my job and I would be extreemly disappointed if any of them were as rude as you are suggesting.

However,the original thread point was about ringing up service centres, in which case you would have rung them. If you don't want to be cold called then register with the preferential thingy - it works, we only get the occaisional call, at which point I explain (without the need for expletives) that I do not welcome their call and ask them not to call again.

From my experience, service centres vary in quality where ever they are based. Had problems with virgin media last week, first two people I spoke to were useless but the third one was a gem and sorted it all in about 5 minutes. I have no idea where any of them were physically but it is interesting to note that the first two had English accents and the third (more helpful one) had quite a strong Indian accent. I had some problems understanding everything he said but he was patient and repeated things when asked and now everything works OK.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                              There is no reason why you should be rude to somebody who is just doing their job, yes, they may not speak your language as well as a native speaker or be able to pronounce your name correctly but they are still trying to do a job. On occaision I have to ring people through my job and I would be extreemly disappointed if any of them were as rude as you are suggesting.

However,the original thread point was about ringing up service centres, in which case you would have rung them. If you don't want to be cold called then register with the preferential thingy - it works, we only get the occaisional call, at which point I explain (without the need for expletives) that I do not welcome their call and ask them not to call again.

From my experience, service centres vary in quality where ever they are based. Had problems with virgin media last week, first two people I spoke to were useless but the third one was a gem and sorted it all in about 5 minutes. I have no idea where any of them were physically but it is interesting to note that the first two had English accents and the third (more helpful one) had quite a strong Indian accent. I had some problems understanding everything he said but he was patient and repeated things when asked and now everything works OK.
                              I have already registered but that does not stop foreign country's calling us. These company's couldn't care less about rules in this country. Its no joke being up a ladder with a paint brush in your hand only to be met by Misser Hooowweeee ? that's enough to make a Nun have phone rage
                              Regards
                              Lady Jana Muck

Comment

....that's enough to make a Nun have phone rage
                                I wonder if Nuns have bell rage

The other side of the coin:
                                I had a problem with my hub phone the other day - dead as a dead thing on a wet bank holiday it was!

I phoned BT and the chap that I spoke to was, erm, not of this Parish - but he was superb at sorting out the problem. At one point he asked me to put the phone down and for me to go pull a few plugs (I unplugged the fridge, freezer and telly) and he would call me back - I thought 'oh yer course you will matey, I'll be stuck in a que for ever now' ...call me back he did, right away as promised.

Good and bad in everything in life - remember kids, even a weed's mummy loves it
                                Last edited by piskieinboots; 28-05-2008, 04:25 PM.
                                aka
                                Suzie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X