No announcement yet.

Wind damage

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not far from you Piglett, I've been at work the last 3 days and we have branches down and lots of leaf mess everywhere.

Ive booked the rest of the week off so i can reintroduce myself to OH, so others at work have a clean up job starting tomorrow while i have a lie in.

Just found i have lost several flower spikes of my beloved Delphiniums, even after staking.

Sodding wind.
    Last edited by seasprout; 26-05-2008, 05:17 PM. Reason: extra bit.
    Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

just been 2 my parents 4 dinner;onway home a tree had blown over & pulled up 1\2 the road!remind me what month we're in?!good luck with your rebuildP.W!
      the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

I was outside about 6.30 this morning trying to save my potatoes. The wind had almost flattened them so I was out there earthing them up hoping they'd survive. Sorry to hear about everyone else that's lost stuff

Comment

Sorry to hear of the damage PW, especially as your back garden was sooo wonderful! Mind you, I'm glad you and other half are ok tho, it could have been a lot worse!

Lots of branches down around here, very windy and greenhouses swaying as I was working in them today (both aluminium and cemented in), fortunately no plant damage visible and no structural damage either around here, methinks we've not had it as bad as those of you further south!
          Blessings
          Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
          Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
          Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
          On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Thanks all. Well, the plants are hard pruned back. We have managed to keep a bit of rose but the jasmine and honeysuckle are about 2' high now.

The six brick pillars are now half rebuilt and weather permiting will be finshed tomorrow with the timberwork going up on Wednesday. Poor Kazzi was in tears but things were looking up till I got a pm saying my greenhouse on the plots has lost some glass. Hopefully the tunnels are ok.

Comment

Was windy here too but fortunately dry until the evening so at least I got the chance to do a few things.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Sounds like you've had some real nasty stuff up there piglet, hope you manage to get it back on track soon - as I'm sure you will.

We've had a couple of gusty days, but nothing near as bad.

Steer clear of Land of Leather though - heard some stories about their sofas.
                A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post

Steer clear of Land of Leather though - heard some stories about their sofas.
                  Is that the story where the fungicide on the leather eats the skin off your back...?

Or is there another story...?
                  Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by seasprout View Post
                    Is that the story where the fungicide on the leather eats the skin off your back...?

Or is there another story...?
                    I did see that, but I've known people who've bought from them and had other problems - quality issues.
                    A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

The pergola lives,

the brick pillars are all rebuilt,
                      the original timbers refitted,
                      3 much pruned climbing roses tied back in,
                      whats left of the jasmine and honeysuckle tidied up,

just left with

clearing up all the old mortar,
                      repairing 2 slats on a garden chair,
                      refitting the electrics.

A lesson learnt, always keep on top of the pruning.

Comment

What a nuisance, David. You got it fixed up pretty quick though.

Wind damage on plot 2 is limited to a dead courgette (snapped at the base); I haven't dared go to plot 1 yet to look at my broadies.
                        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X