Someone explain to me...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone explain to me...

...why magazines always come out the month before they're useful?

I have to now put the magazine to one side and read it at the month it's for because otherwise I'm just reading mostly information which is no good to me because it's still too early to do whatever!

I think a refreshing change would be to get a July magazine at the beginning of July, or an August magazine at the beginning of August!

Or am I alone in this niggle
    Rachel

Trying to tame the mad thing called a garden and getting there I think!

My Garden Mayhem...inspirational blog for me I hope! - updated 16/04/09

Hi Gryfon, I disagree. For me it gives me time to get organised for the next month> I actually like the fact that its not all thrown at you to DO IT NOW rather have a few weeks to remind you that those tasks are coming up shortly.
    I suppose everyone looks at things differently.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

I suppose

I like to read as I'm doing it or need to do it...not quite that organised
      Rachel

Comment

I have to agree with you. I find it irritating having magazines dated a month early. Cookery ones I think are worst. They are suggesting recipes for your New Years party at the beginning of December. We haven't even got Christmas over with!
        [

Comment

But surely with gardening 'things to do in July' will be later or earlier depending on the weather and where you live? (And so a mag is best a bit early to be useful to all?) Whereas i think we mostly all do Christmas/New Year at the same time?
          To see a world in a grain of sand
          And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

I think now my problem is that I read them and think "I need to do that, and I need to do this" but by the time it gets to the month that I should be doing those things I've forgotten!!!

Maybe I'll have to try and not loose my magazine by the next month and just make sure I've entered all the competitions etc before they finish...and then read it in the right month!
            Rachel

Comment

I too agree that they can be a bit too much ahead, but like Bramble I use it to get myself ready for the next month. One thought is to put details on your calendar from this month's for next month? That's the kind of thing I'd do if I had a calendar and was worried about losing info?
              Last edited by Shortie; 08-07-2006, 05:45 PM.
              Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X