Chelsea Flower Show 2008

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quark1 View Post
    I'm afraid that each time the camera was on Titchmarsh I was mesmerized by his 'very' strange inward/upward pointing sideburns which seemed to have been grown far too high up - looked like an old-fashioned lady's kiss curl!
    I'm so glad you guys are posting on this topic. I don't normally pop into this area of the forum too much but I had visited today to start a topic on this very subject. Alan, what have they done to you? (although you've managed to 'pull' Seahorse so I guess there are some benefits!)
    Last edited by T-lady; 21-05-2008, 10:35 AM.
    Cheers

T-lady

Comment

Originally posted by quark1 View Post
      I'm afraid that each time the camera was on Titchmarsh I was mesmerized by his 'very' strange inward/upward pointing sideburns which seemed to have been grown far too high up - looked like an old-fashioned lady's kiss curl!
      Surely they're modelled on James T Kirk? I'm surprised you hadn't made the connection quark1

He's still lovely though

Comment

I have to admit that I find some of the show gardens just too flash and false for me - I want ideas and inspiration and I'm not getting much of that this year somehow. sorry to be a damp squid folks ... I do love watching, but really - daffodils are not meant to be on display now - global warming is confusing enough without all that! Give me some good ole fashioned cottage gardens and veggie patches!!

Right - back to where you were! - Alan's facial hair I believe
        Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Can't say I am ever really into Chelsea; I just get angry about the pretentiousness of it all; sorry folks. Having said that, I do usually watch it because my OH likes it; but this year I can't really watch TV at the mo anyway so i saw the intro last week and that was it. I didn't watch until the end as it was.

If I understood what the actual point of it was then I might enjoy it.

Comment

Pootle - James T often sported some strange facial hair - but this is 'seriously' strange.

I have had another TV thought - perhaps Titch is considering branching out into acting and perhaps replace or stand-in for Dot Cotton!

Seriously Titch, if you're reading this - we do love 'yer really we do - but those sideburns HAVE to go!

Comment

Maybe they're going to bring back 'The Good Old Days' on T.V. (music hall variety show for those of you too young to remember!) & Alan is going to present it & is trying to grow a handlebar moustache between the sideburns to look the part!
              Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Pootle
                Surely they're modelled on James T Kirk?
                Noooo!

Well maybe!

To see a world in a grain of sand
                And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

I would never consider crossing over a picket line so until Chelsea let gnomes in then I dont go in either.
                  Regards
                  Lady Jana Muck

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Jana Muck View Post
                    .....so until Chelsea let gnomes in then I dont go in either.
                    they do Sis, they let me in
                    aka
                    Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
                      they do Sis, they let me in
                      That's what I'm doing making a stand for the little people. We have to stand up (climb on chairs) and be counted and we must fight for the right to gnome where ever we wish to gnome
                      Regards
                      Lady Jana Muck

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
                        I've been just the once, it was a good experience but I doubt I would repeat it - far too many crowds for me - watching on screen is much easier on the tootsies.

Chris B - yuuummm, but isn't it odd that last year he got a pretty raw deal on his garden and this year he is a Judge
                        do you want me to say hi to him from you lol

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
                          Noooo!

Well maybe!

Those are some fine pins there manda, good spot!

Watched it tonight for the first time (not ever, just this show) and wasn't overly impressed. Did like the Indiana Joe and the Temple of Bloom idea!
                          A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

sent me right to sleep the only garden i like is the cancer research one the rest leave me cold.

Comment

Edible playground garden was fab but mostly all the same with white green and purple the main colours

Comment

I'm really enjoying the presenters - especially Joe and Carol

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X