No announcement yet.

spray tan!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Luck for End of June Hans Mum, i got hitched a month ago today and was lucky as it was abroad so had a few days before hand to get my tan - just had to make sure everyting i wore was strapless!
    Jane,
    keen but (slightly less) clueless
    http://janesvegpatch.blogspot.com

Comment

i love that freinds episode, im am a sunworshiper but my legs never went brown, till last year i went on the sun beds, i had 4 x 6 mins sessions over 4 weeks and i found i didnt burn when i went out in the sun, this was what i would call a base tan, having moved from the sea air to the london air, im constantly being warned bout the london air but then my experience on a beach when its hot and breezy has a very bad effect as the salt and sand dries you skin out even more, dont get me wrong im not silly in the sun, if i have the time its bout half hour in the morning stay in between 12 and 4 when it is at its hottest but must admit i was out in the garden too long as i was planting last week but i hate lines i bought that garnier after sun *in a tube* thinking it will just moisterise, didnt realise it has self tan in it, im a loverly colour though somwhat patchy now im just rubbing the stuff in to areas to blend but its better than that nivea stuff non greasy too and has a mild smell as well and im not orange

Comment

It worked well for me Lainey Lou. I had been gardening all summer - arms brown to half way up the upper arm, big brown V down my chest. Looked at myself in the outfit I had for a wedding and took fright. Off to the beauticians.
        Plenty of advice about exfoliating and moisturising then a spray for the occassion. It looked great. Good even skin colour of a light golden tan. Only lasts about a week.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

I once tried Dove (I think it was Dove) body cream, it does actually colour you but it also colours up the bed sheets - yuk - it looked like I had rolled around nekkid at the lottie and jumped into bed pre-shower eeeeeee
          aka
          Suzie

Comment

well i was fake baked and can highly recomend it, was just a gentle colour not tangoed, so will be having it done for the day itself.
            The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

being really pale and an easy burner im a spray tan lover, there are a few things you have to do for sucess though. you must exfoliate vigerously all over the body when you shower or bath the night before the spraying, especially including the knees, elbows and any areas prone to dry skin, if you suffer badly with dry skin moisturise everyday the week before but not the night before or the day of spray. if you astmastic becareful especially if astma is bad as its done with an air sprayer and holding breath and the misty damp spray fills the room, so if you attack easily may not be for you. tell the salon when you book and at least 3 days before hand your current skin colour ie fair as this is essential to colour they apply for natural apperance as they have different strngths. be aware it will stain your bed sheets so use old ones as your told not to bath or shower for at least 24 hrs while colour developes. colour lasts between one and two weeks swimming fades it quicker. if done properly it looks good the sprayer should lightly spray all over you evenly to ensure an even colour. also if your pale the st troupe mud style pain on stuff not the spray doesnt look good on pale skin, so stick to spray if your pale, my hubby likes the effects. if your pale skined the tinted moistures in shops are good like dove and johnsons but not the shop bought areosol spray tans (tango man trust me) hope this helps.

Comment

Oh and Lainey, make sure you cover your hair completely if you're blonde or your Ma is silver as the spray can get on it and discolour it.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

I have mixed feelings now! Wouldn't have gone for a tan off my own back, I quite like being pale, but my Mum is insisting and I'm a good obedient daughter!!!
                  Alice thanks for the tip, I'm dark haired but mum is silver so will warn her!!
                  The salon is a good one so hopefully fingers crossed all will be well. I have been religiously exfolliating and moisturising for the past week or so, 4 days to go, will let you know how it goes, please be kind if I look like Ross!
                  Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

You'll be fine I'm sure. LadyWayne had it doen for our wedding and looked great (made me look even more pasty by comparison though). Just follow their advice and I'm sure it'll look great!
                    A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by flowers
                      get a proper tan it looks much better x
                      not very healthy though

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Mum
                        not very healthy though
                        Really? Tan not burn. No-one has actually said what this brown spray consists of - organic?
                        Last edited by smallblueplanet; 19-05-2008, 07:04 PM.
                        To see a world in a grain of sand
                        And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
                          Really? Tan not burn. No-one has actually said what this brown spray consists of - organic?
                          the one had is dirived(sp) from sugar beet and only natural ingredients so maybe not totally organic certainly better than possible skin cancer IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Mum
                            ....certainly better than possible skin cancer IMHO
                            You don't worry about cancers caused by lack of vit D then? According to R4 a couple of days ago, its getting burnt that leads to skin cancer.

Comment

What's wrong with a liberal coating of creosote?
                              A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Mmmm creosote, love the smell!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X