• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
    And do you ice?
    always - vodka isn't the same without it

Originally posted by Madasafish View Post
    Take up yoga....
    I tried this back in the 80's but was a young impatient thing then and once in the stretch was eager to move on, so I trained in wieghts and power-lifting - it may be different now I'm an old impatient thing

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
    Never tried weeding whilst standing on my head! Closer to the weeds I suppose!
    LOL
    Last edited by piskieinboots; 16-05-2008, 06:31 AM.
    aka
    Suzie

Comment

Stretching is deffo the way to go, do some before you even get out of bed in the morning. It works wonders!
      Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

thanks everyone!!!! i do think that is why my back went,apart from overdoing it in the garden, i did jump out of bed yesterday and was rushing around, not give my body time to wake really

Comment

T'ai Chi. The Taoist Walk (which Himself insists on calling The Ninja Mince!) has relieved the backs of several of our class. I do it every session even though I don't have a bad back. It is a way of distributing the weight from hip to hip which slightly massages all the bits in between (too techincal for you?) You'd need to get someone to show you but it's a very easy exercise.
          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

a quick update, my back is easing now (still painful) i can now stand up straight, hurray! thanks for your help and advice everyone x

Comment

Glad to hear that!
              remember...no house-work or ironing for at least a week now!!!
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                Glad to hear that!
                remember...no house-work or ironing for at least a week now!!!
                No ironing eeeek I couldn't bear it
                aka
                Suzie

Comment

Make sure you keep doing teh stretches - will prevent it happening again.

Glad to hear you're feeling better.
                  A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

My sympathies mrsc2b - what with your back and my shoulder, we make a right pair don't we! Hope you are feeling better by now. Best wishes Bernie
                    Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                      Never tried weeding whilst standing on my head! Closer to the weeds I suppose!
                      Nice one Snadger! You got in there before me! Bernie Thanks for making me smile!
                      Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X