Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where are we all going on holiday this year?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been to Amsterdam - lovely.

Driving to the South of France in July with my OH and his 11 year old daughter...hmm - best make sure we have the ipod solar charger me thinks! 4 solid days of driving - 2 there and 2 back - will need to stay very calm!!!

For me; camping - is a no no. Having camped alot when a child, and after spending one night at Reading festival with half a quilt, and my head on a cider bottle as a pillow - and no groundsheet - I say no. When I first met my OH he mentioned camping and I nearly flipped out - [what am I doing getting involved with a bloke who likes camping] - he smiled and said - just testing...
    Last edited by zazen999; 14-05-2008, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pigletwillie View Post
      Were off to France in mid June and are going again in August but to the aude region then. Hopefully January will bring a week or two in Goa or Kerala.
      Piglet and Mrs Willie you know, you'd be more than welcome to pop in here on the way down through France, just give us a bit of warning - you know, I'll need to tidy up a bit
      A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

While we're talking about holidays - me and two friends are hoping to go to Nice in September. We're travelling by train (free tickets!!) but can anyone recommend any nice self catering accommodation in Nice. We don't want to hire a car, so it would need to be fairly near to the beaches/shops etc

Comment

We started camping cos we couldnt afford anything else , also OH is a very strict and fussy vegetarian so eating can be a problem.
          The first year we had a small tent but couldnt stand up so difficulty's with dressing and no where to sit if it rained, so we bought a bigger tent with 2 sleeping pod's and a huge sitting area, OH went out and bought some realy comfy moon chairs that fold up, and storage larder's etc we then had to buy a trailer to fit it all in even tho we had a people carrier ( only 3 of us ) now we have changed our car to a meriva but no towing hook so this year will have to have that done.
          One day we will get to France, every year we say this.
          Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
          and ends with backache

Comment

Originally posted by jackie j View Post
            We started camping cos we couldnt afford anything else , also OH is a very strict and fussy vegetarian so eating can be a problem.
            The first year we had a small tent but couldnt stand up so difficulty's with dressing and no where to sit if it rained, so we bought a bigger tent with 2 sleeping pod's and a huge sitting area, OH went out and bought some realy comfy moon chairs that fold up, and storage larder's etc we then had to buy a trailer to fit it all in even tho we had a people carrier ( only 3 of us ) now we have changed our car to a meriva but no towing hook so this year will have to have that done.

This struck a chord. We have an estate, but always take our two (now sadly one) dogs, so the boot is for them. We have a trailer and a roof-box and we still always end up with two sleeping bags and the stove in the passenger side footwell, with the passenger sitting with their knees near their chin.
            Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

HeyWayne Where is the place you are going to in Tuscany? It looks familiar to me. Tuscany is our fav place been four times now and wish we were going again this year. Who did you book with? We werre going this year but had trouble finding a good flight from Manchester Airport so decided we will go next year instead and are going back to Kefallonia instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Catrina View Post
                HeyWayne Where is the place you are going to in Tuscany? It looks familiar to me. Tuscany is our fav place been four times now and wish we were going again this year. Who did you book with? We werre going this year but had trouble finding a good flight from Manchester Airport so decided we will go next year instead and are going back to Kefallonia instead.
                Just outside a little place called Radicondoli (Siena region), booked through James Villas. Could do with some pointers of places to go, things to see if you've got any...
                A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

We're off to Athens this year late June.

Comment

Originally posted by OverWyreGrower View Post
                    Camping? Well....
                    1) We have 2 dogs, and like to take them on holiday with us... camping or renting a pet-friendly cottage is really the only option

2) We can't afford to go on a "real holiday" as my mum and sister call them....

Same here. We didn't get the dogs so we could leave them behind.
                    Kirsty b xx

Comment

Greetings from Ithaca!

Hi there people, friends, gardeners! I'm sitting in a bar in Kioni in the Ionian Isles as I am writing this! But don't get too excited cos the weather has not been as good as in U.K! Think the summer starts at the weekend here. Just before we went I'd just been given my allotment!!!! and spent two days just cutting back brambles and potting things up into containers in the garden and am so worried about them! Iwas packing at midnight ready for the cab to pick us up at 3.00! Hope none of you are too scorched.Well, must go now, other things beckon.........

Comment

shell island

If the weathers nice, heaven on earth!!
                        Last edited by Mrs Dobby; 14-05-2008, 09:05 PM.
                        Blessings
                        Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
                        Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
                        Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
                        On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

with a bit of luck i'll meet miss perfect and we'll be off to new york, paris, rome, venice, barcelona and lots of other nice places for romantic weekends away in nice hotels .........

until then, me and my son are hoping to lots of holidays - he's got school PGL trip next week and scout camp in august - and we're hoping (subject to time etc!) to do alton towers, isle of wight, camping in the new forest, port aventura this year, and then skiing in france or austria in feb next year - not got round to booking anything just yet, but will do soon .........
                          http://MeAndMyVeggies.blogspot.com

Comment

Camping in France: one week in Jura and one week in Ardeche... the holiday we would have gone on last year but elder daughter dislocated knee at end of June and spent the summer in a plaster cast and physiotherapy ... Fingers crossed for no mishaps this year.
                            Julie

Comment

have been spoilt already with a week in Singapore staying with 2 friends for husbands 40th. going to Majorca next thursday kids never flown very excited. Then a week in S Wales with the caravan and husbands parents and their van. Will also go and visit my folks in N Wales. how will i fit it all in with the allotment

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X