I think I have a menthol illness

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Janna View Post
    I'm on your bandwagon there HW, I've got several olbas inhalers, the airwaves gum is brilliant and I bought a eucalyptus bush last month, it's really beautiful too. Have you tried olbas steam, my mum used to do it if we had a cold and I still love it. You put boiling water in a bowl, drop in some olbas oil and then stick a towel over your head and have a little head sauna, it's lovely!
    I rarely get a cold (mayne it's all the menthol sniffing I do), in fact, it's probably been a year or two since I last had on - that or my infamous memory doing it's thing. Anyway, I do love an Olbas steam, when we go to Centre Parcs we have our own steam room/cupboard in the villa and I can often be found sat in there with half a bottle of Olbas on the steamer. I will also quite happily sit in the study at home and have tissues soaked in Olbas on the radiator in the utility room (next to the study).

Love it!!

Aren't eucalyptus bushes quite large?
    A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

The bush is small at the moment, about 2 foot tall, I've got it in a tub, but yeah I think it will try and turn into a big tree. Hopefully the tub will keep it under control rather than maim it, bonsai eucalyptus!
      There are no gardening mistakes, only experiments.

Comment

Cinnamon chewing gum. The one with the tiny cinnamon balls in it that explode as you chew it. Just when you think you've no cinnamon left, another one exploded in your mouth.

Can't get it here, so I stock up when in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
          Cinnamon chewing gum. The one with the tiny cinnamon balls in it that explode as you chew it. Just when you think you've no cinnamon left, another one exploded in your mouth.

Have you tried here: Wrigleys Big Red - Cinnamon Gum

Whilst on honeymoon in Sri Lanka we visited a little restaurant in Kandy and they had cinnamon toothpicks. I asked where they got them from and they sold me several tubs. You can chew them for hours and the taste never goes away - your mouth goes numb after a while which might explain it!

What would Vedder do?

Comment

ooh love wigleys big red and the explody cinamon gum sounds even better *tries to think if she has any contacts in america who could post her some..*
            I have a dream:
            a dream that, one day, chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Comment

Tried them all!!!

It's Hersheys Icebreakers Cinnamon Gum...i grew up in Canada and so when in candy shops in the States drift into a sort of trance like state and come out with bags of stuff.

Anyway - I always need another excuse to go to NY again...don't spoil it for me!!!
              Last edited by zazen999; 09-05-2008, 06:04 PM.

Comment

One of my colleagues at work regularly travels to the US on business, I get him to pick me up a new NBA jersey every now and then. Couple of tonnes of chewing gum shouldn't be a problem....

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Blackmint chewing gum is the only stuff I use. Reminds me a bit of the taste of 'blackjacks' (or was it mojo's?) when I was a kid! I think I'm addicted to the stuff though!
                  Last edited by Snadger; 09-05-2008, 06:35 PM.
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Olbas Oil is superb just rubbed neat on your sore muscles (no, not that one). The tingly feeling is like Deep Heat but nicer.
                    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I soak the bed every night with Olbas - it stops OH snoring! My smell addictions - clean washing & wood bonfire smoke - love them !
                      How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being.”

Comment

Vicks, absolutely loooooooorve it!
                        Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post

That Wrigley's Big Red stuff makes my face swell up like a football - I was given some by a (gorgeous) American boy at summer camp on Loch Lomond when I was a teenager - the first time I ate it the upper half of my face swelled until my eyes were shut, (very attractive ) but we didn't realise what had caused it. The second time it was my mouth, tongue etc which swelled up & I ended up in hospital! And the American boy ended up getting friendly with someone else

Comment

Hi Sarah

If I have too much I burn my mouth, and have to take a break [a week or 2]. Never had it that bad though.

I have to admit as well, my first point of call at any US airport on the way home is to stock up on loads of american candies; i usually end up buying a carrier bag full; in the vain hope that they will last until next time. That's in addition to the other bags of it stuffed in the suitcases.

I also get friends to bring back $20 of the above gum when they visit the states; so usually got ample supply...that's what friends are for isn't it???

Note to self; must persuade the OH that we need another NYC trip; need to start leaving the guide books around the house to tempt him.

Comment

ooooooh yes! bonfire smoke......love it , love it , love it

Comment

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I almost sniff the blossom up to make sure I get every ounce of scent from it. My running route takes me past a couple of trees, they're at the top of a steep hill so by the time I get there I'm breathing hard. I was amazed that I could still 'smell' it even though I was breathing through my mouth.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X