No announcement yet.

Do you (would you) fly a flag?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not make your own flag and name it The Onion Jack.
    A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Ooh, I quite fancy having a pirate flag

Would I have to round being a pirate though? And would I be Jack Sparrow or Barbossa?

Comment

Many rural gardens in Wales, fly a welsh flag, my PIL included. My FIL sees it as a necessity in every garden else how would you know they were nice people or not. He's a little eccentric, and very patriotic.
        I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Hmmm, you can see who's about on my lottie site without a flag, nowhere much to hide! But I do love the concept and think we should be patriotic on the right occasions (St Georges Day for instance) - but I'm not at all sure about football flags (even tho I am passionate about my team Liverpool!).

I have been offended in the past when neighbours fly a foreign flag on an English occasion, keep it appropriate!
          Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Originally posted by petal View Post
            standard practice in Denmark to fly a flag in every garden and t take pride in ones nationality etc - they also wave Danish flags at parties and so on - I would love a flag in my garden but flags are associated with football hooligans and nfs - are they not?
            Always will be associated with hooligans if ordinary people are to frightened or self conscious to fly the flag and show real patriotism...
            All great things are simple and many can be expressed in single words, Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Love, Hope.
            Sir Winston Churchill.

Comment

Originally posted by fiveravens View Post
              I fly a Jolly Roger over my house - and I ask permission from no-one. Anybody knocking on my door to see if I have permission will get what the Jolly Roger stands for: no quarter!
              hehehehehe :
              All great things are simple and many can be expressed in single words, Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Love, Hope.
              Sir Winston Churchill.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere (might have been Marketing Weekly), that JJB are accrediting part of their current troubles to the fact that England are not in the European football thing, and that the sales of flags have suffered as a result - a major part of their income this time of year.
                A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Mr Sheds brought a Chelsea flag for me t'other day (no thanks, I want my shed not on fire).

all the plots here have St George's flags. Being a contrary soul, I'd quite like something controversial ... a Tricolore perhaps
                  All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

We fly the St Georges flag in our garden.
                    Skipper

Chinese Proverb - He who asks a question is a fool for a minute; he who does not remains a fool forever

Comment

When we go to festivals we always fly our old Soviet Union flag so that we can find our tent, but I know where my shed is on the lottie so don't really need it there. The kids have got one of those japanese fish flag things in their bit of the garden which is nice.

The Saltire is pretty standard everywhere else and I totally approve of it. I'd apply for my Scottish passport if I could (I'm nearly Scottish - been here 18 years)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X