No announcement yet.

GOOD IDEA? Write It Down....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I forget stuff too, used to have a brilliant memory but it seems to be fritzed by the ME these days. Some days I can't even remember the names of simple items.

Does anyone know which issue of GYO had the little article on Waverex peas? Been trying to find it for weeks. I went and ordered the peas after reading it and now I have seedlings and can't remember how big the plants will get (and it doesn't say on the packet)
    Last edited by shirlthegirl43; 07-05-2008, 07:29 AM. Reason: and some days I type utter nonsense and have to edit!
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

If you have a camera on your phone [i do this as well], take a photo of what you are trying to remember; so HW, take a photo of the label in the GC - then you have it stored. Or make a note or put a note in the diary on the mobile phone - these things are fab for using to remind me of what I did when I was out.
      Last edited by zazen999; 07-05-2008, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
        If you have a camera on your phone [i do this as well], take a photo of what you are trying to remember; so HW, take a photo of the label in the GC - then you have it stored. Or make a note or put a note in the diary on the mobile phone - these things are fab for using to remind me of what I did when I was out.
        I like that idea! Why didn't I think of that!? Thanks zazen.
        A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Any time big fella!

Comment

:For Sale: 1 pocket notebook, never used...
            A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
              I forget stuff too, used to have a brilliant memory but it seems to be fritzed by the ME these days. Some days I can't even remember the names of simple items.

Does anyone know which issue of GYO had the little article on Waverex peas? Been trying to find it for weeks. I went and ordered the peas after reading it and now I have seedlings and can't remember how big the plants will get (and it doesn't say on the packet)
              Never grown it Shirley, but according to the blurb it grows to 2 ft high. Nice, dinky little thing!

And Oh, Wellie me dear, I do just that thing. I write the brill ideas down, then I can't find the bit of paper, and when it turns up months later (next time I tidy up ) I can't remember what it meant.

Soon my memory will be so bad I'll only need one book and one DVD!
              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Thanks Flummery. We all love petits pois and they are so pricey in the shops now (I assume the bad harvest last year caused that). I promise to report on the taste for all that are interested.

Off to write Flummery's info on the seed packet or I will forget what thread it is in
                Happy Gardening,
                Shirley

Comment

When I read interesting/useful things on this great forum, I write them on sticky notes, which then get littered around my desk, mixed in with the work notes and inevitably lost or thrown away.

I have countless scraps of paper with names of seed varieties, recipes, places to visit, you name it .... but can I ever find them when I want them? Of course not, dont be silly!! Do you think if I had a notebook instead I would remember to keep it with me, or where I'd put it?

So Wellie and others, you are definitely not alone.

And I love the mobile phone photo idea too - could have done with thinking of that last weekend, now which GC was I in so I can go back with the camera .....
                  Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Hi Wellie my memory is bad, very bad. I read things then cant remember it, I get so frustrated and these days it makes me sad too. I use my phone to photograph things, write notes. If I had a good memory maybe I could be clever

Comment

My memory is terrible, and bits of paper are always getting lost.
                      I can put 10 reminders on my mobile (Nokia 2310, with a radio for Gardeners Question Time), which is a huge help.
                      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X