The pepperdew thread

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read 2_sheds post and replied thus -

Furthermore, only the holder of the rights is permitted to grow, sell, export, import or stock the Piquanté variety of pepper or any product that is derived from the variety or that is not distinguishable from the protected variety. Aspects such as the discovery, the breeding, the stability and uniqueness of the variety were all challenged in great detail and the rights were upheld in all instances.
    So if you try to grow/sell another pepper that looks like their pepper its against the law! Thats a bit steep isn't it?

Can individual pepper varieties be identified exactly? Or is it just to put people off? I can understand not being allowed to market 'peppadew' peppers but does it mean you can't market pickled sweet/hot peppers of a similar ilk? (I mean even ketchup has more than just Heinz!)
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Wouldn't the pepper Rocoto get confused.
      I love growing tomatoes.

Comment

In fact, is it worth Pigletwillie locking the original thread? Unless he really is answering all the requests?
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
          What is so great about these peppers anyhoo?
          I second that query, what's the fuss all about?? Do they make you lose weight magically? If so, I want some!!!

Comment

Hadn't thought about what Two Sheds says, I bet some of them are from 'Peppadew' trying to catch people out!
            Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Id never come across them before reading the thread- so went out and bought some (I think they cost about 1.99 for 375g jar). They are lovely, scoffed 1/2 a jar at first sitting, with mature cheddar cheese. Imight try another accompaniement this time (oops went and bought another jar yesterday).

They are kinda sweet(like a capiscum), but also have a little of the fire of a chili.
              Theyre blurb on the label describes it thus 'a new fruit which balances spicy and sweet flavours, theres no burn - just a little love bite!'

Id like to try to grow them to be able to use them whilst cooking (lots of chilis already used)for a variation on flavour.

Sorry mapcr77 no magical weight loss.
              My Square Foot Gardening Experiment Blog :
              http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...log_usercp.php

Comment

Can you actually buy peppadew seeds now? If so, where from?

It's all right chaps, I'm not on the scrounge ... yet!

Comment

Originally posted by francesbean View Post

Sorry mapcr77 no magical weight loss.
                  Boo!

Comment

They are also great on a home-made pizza!
                    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by soomoggy View Post
                      Can you actually buy peppadew seeds now?
                      T & M sell Piccante seeds, the fruits of which look cunningly similar to the Peppadew Piquante
                      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I will have Peppadew seeds in October. I have 12 of them in the garden now. I would be happy to share seeds at the end of my season. If anyone wants any, just PM me in October with your address.
                        Terry
                        http://tomatoaddict.blogspot.com/

Comment

TA - I'd love to give yours a go in October if you're are also growing to reserve seed.

It will be most interesting to compare Peppadews to the Ciliegia variety as old by T&M.

Please bump up this thread when you have seeds for swapping! Hope you do well with your peppers for eating and conserving!

Comment

Hi all,
                            just wondered how the growing's going this year? OK, so still pretty wet the last 2 months, but I spy sun today Need the sun to ripen...

Reb 136

Comment

I have peppadews growing, but none have set peppers yet. I suspect more news around christmas time as per my alberto's last year.

They will be shared around with good chums later in the year.
                              Last edited by zazen999; 11-08-2009, 10:34 AM.

Comment

When I saw the title of this thread I thought it was about religions of specific vegetables but if that were the case where are the Islamic onions, The Buhdist Brassicas, The Christian Courgettes, the taoist Tomatoes, the Pagan Potatoes

Just a thought, are male peperdews circumcised?

is this the male?
                                Thought For The Day
                                If a plum tomato breaks the law when it’s young
                                Would it’s criminal past ketchup with it later?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X