No announcement yet.

Sorry having a tearful moment...worried about friend

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tammy that is great news, my love and hugs to you - always!

Comment

Great news Tammy - about time you had some hey. As has already been said, you take good care of yourself now - and you know where we are, we're good at supporting wobbles
      Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Tammy, Plantar Fasciitis can be relieved quite successfully with good arch support, and the right shoes. I know, because this is something my OH had problems with. We worked out that the shoes he was wearing caused him to slightly lean back ALL the time, thus putting excessive pressure on his heels. His favourite footwear at the time was baseball boots, which are completely flat. He swapped to some properly fitted Clarks shoes, added some arch support insoles, & within months the pain was all gone. It's also reommended that you don't wear open-backed shoes, as this doesn't properly 'contain' the heel.
        A decent physio should be able to look at your posture etc, to see if you are putting undue pressure on your heels through the way you stand?

Comment

Sarah - Plantar Fasclitis; never heard of it BUT

when I was in construction, wearing steel toe caps for days/years on end - I had the same sort of trouble. I went to the doc and he told me I had arthritus [sp?] coming on [I was 31 at the time].

I panicked as you do, then a few weeks later when I changed boots the pain disappeared. Turned out it was the insoles [or lack of them].

Haven't had it since.

Nice of the doc to scare the heebee jeebees out of me though!
          Last edited by zazen999; 07-05-2008, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Sarah the foot doc got some arch supports made for me. I have only been wearing my clarks knee high boots (oh calls them my hitler boots! - LOL!!) with the supports in. I was also told to do some ligament stretching exercises but its too painfull to do them at mo. Will try again tonight after perhaps soaking them in my footspa which I can use again now Im not pregnant. May be back for more advice if things dont get better soon.
            Tammy x x x x
            Fine and Dandy but busy as always

God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done

Stay at home Mum (and proud of it) to Bluebelle(8), Bashfull Bill(6) and twincesses Pea & Pod (2)!!!!

Comment

Proper name for the foot doctor is a Podiatrist. I only know coz my baby sister is one
              Happy Gardening,
              Shirley

Comment

That's the one Shirley! I couldn't think of it either!

Tammy, have you got a long mirror? Stand in front of it the way you normally stand in the kitchen or whatever, and look to see if you're leaning back, and whether you have a curve at the back of your knees as this can be another possible cause - your knees bending slightly too far backwards, which you overcompensate for by putting more pressure on heels.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X