No announcement yet.

Forgot to Vote !

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish I'd voted now as a BNP candidate was apparently elected, not in my ward, but still it makes you realize what can happen if everyone is apathetic
    Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

I voted quite late in the day and there wern't a lot of names crossed off the list. There are citizens in other countries who will walk for miles and queue up all night in the vain hope to get a vote and their political regime is far worse than ours. Maybe we should all refrain from voting for another few years and when we've finally lost all our rights and are being taxed more than we earn, then maybe we will have learnt the lesson the hard way.
      I you'st to have a handle on the world .. but it BROKE!!

Comment

Originally posted by bluemoon View Post
        I wish I'd voted now as a BNP candidate was apparently elected, not in my ward, but still it makes you realize what can happen if everyone is apathetic
        That is why the BNP are there the main parties are so apathetic instead of looking what they are about and doing something about it .
        they just go about burying there heads in the sand saying oh no oh no oh no jacob
        What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
        Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

I didn't vote. It was a deliberate decision, cos our local councillors - although they send out all the usual blurb about being really concerned about local residents - don't actually live in the wards they wish to represent. Doesn't seem to matter what colour their badge is, they all seem the same, so why bother?

Comment

No elections on my area.

But i do think we need a "none of the above" box to tick on the voting form.
            So you can use your vote and ensure none of the numptys get in.

"Billy Connolly once said, Don't vote..! It only encourages them."
            Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

I voted - I always do, partly as my democratic duty, and partly - women died for my right to, I'm going to take advantage of that right!

I voted completely against the way I normally vote (for the Mayoral one, at least) - that I see as far less a party thing as a personal, and made my decision after so much research and discussion that by the time I actually came to vote I was pretty sick of the whole process

I'm now bemoaning the lack of TV coverage for the London elections - swingometers and bad CGI are one of the best bits of the whole hoo-haa!

Comment

i voted too. we had five candidates, did not even see two of them pounding the pavements. only one candidate actually lives in our ward, so I voted for them - at least any decisions they vote on locally will affect them as well!!
                I don't vote for people who dont live in our ward, most are just using the council elections to further their careers and I don't think they are that bothered about local issues.
                Kernow rag nevra

Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.
                Bob Dylan

Comment

[QUOTE=Arachne;220087]I voted - I always do, partly as my democratic duty, and partly - women died for my right to, I'm going to take advantage of that right!

I agree with Arachne. We voted, in terms of the candidates there was no choice between them in relation to local issues. I don't think the turn out was particularly good due to some of the National issues.

Be very surprized if PM does a complete uturn on the 10p tax rate, it looks as if pensioners may get a bit more in terms of winter fuel allowance, but it still doesn't go far enough with rising fuel costs. Who would have believed a Labour Gov could be so tight to the people that need this money the most.

Shame on them

Sorry, rant over feeling much better
                  http://herbie-veggiepatch.blogspot.com

Updated 23rd February 2009

Comment

I voted for the chap who lives just down the road and supports the local allotment proposal, but he didn't get in OH didn't bother, he said there wasn't any point as the same candidate always wins. Well if no one votes against him he will, won't he

I feel everyone should exercise their right, as so many in the world are denied it. My parents were very insistant that we all vote though, as were the grandparents, so I suppose it's a family thing with us.
                    I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
                    Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

We voted,the conservative candidate knocked on the door,and the libdem put a leaflet through the letter box.Labour decided not to do either so no prizes for guessing who definitely didnt get a cross put in thier box.
                      Skipper

Chinese Proverb - He who asks a question is a fool for a minute; he who does not remains a fool forever

Comment

I forgot too. We had no leaflets, no door-knocking, nothing. I have no idea who the candidates were. I should have looked at the local free rag but it is currently lining the chicken coop.
                        You are a child of the universe,
                        no less than the trees and the stars;
                        you have a right to be here.

Max Ehrmann, Desiderata

blog: http://allyheebiejeebie.blogspot.com/ and my (basic!) page: http://www.allythegardener.co.uk/

Comment

Hi

I have just sent this email to the electoral commission ........................................."I have been having correspondence with various people who believe that one of my local councillors has committed election fraud.
                          He is a councillor who is standing again and has successfully been re-elected, he won the ***** seat within Leeds City Council.
                          I believe that he has no connections with the area that he is standing in.

According to Leeds City council "he is eligible to vote because "***** **** has declared his eligibility under criteria c that his principal or only employment has been in Leeds"

If you do not know who to vote for, it is your fault that you are not involved, not just theirs, for not knocking on your door.

T
                          Last edited by Tigerella; 03-05-2008, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by seasprout View Post
                            But i do think we need a "none of the above" box to tick on the voting form
                            I draw my own
                            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Boris the Cyclist is mayor !

hold onto your hats, this is going to be fun ....

BBC NEWS | Politics | Johnson wins London mayoral race
                              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

You are quite right Tigerella - I just don't give a hoot which of the candidates gets in the council.
                                You are a child of the universe,
                                no less than the trees and the stars;
                                you have a right to be here.

Max Ehrmann, Desiderata

blog: http://allyheebiejeebie.blogspot.com/ and my (basic!) page: http://www.allythegardener.co.uk/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X