Fuel Crisis!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NOG View Post
    My Mrs Paniced and filled both our cars up with Petrol today.....I was furious as they are both Diesels.
    lol made me giggle
    Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

I've been watching this on UK tele and it's the same old, same old. One small problem - and there are 60 plus days supply of petrol in the Uk ALL the time - one refinery closes down (opening again on Monday/Tuesday) - and all the muppets go rushing off to the garages. One prat outside Glasgow bought £100 worth, was filling up as many petrol cans as he could. But some garages put a block on the amount apparently, restricted to £20 at a time so everybody got some, very sensible.

Sort of like the Northern Rock fiasco with all those people taking their money our AFTER the Bank of England underwrote their losses making it financially, the safest bank in the UK.

We have strikes here all the time, couple of hours or days here and there, just about in every occupation/sector, even doctors and police, and people here just shrug their shoulders and get on with life, Brits really do need to get a grip of all this sort of thing because it makes the UK look very silly internationally.
      TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

So I shouldn't bother taking the lawnmower to the local esso?
        You are a child of the universe,
        no less than the trees and the stars;
        you have a right to be here.

Max Ehrmann, Desiderata

blog: http://allyheebiejeebie.blogspot.com/ and my (basic!) page: http://www.allythegardener.co.uk/

Comment

Had to fill mine up yesterday as I was well into the red (should do me now for another month) and it was no different to normal, think the panic buying thing might be a bit localised and only affecting certain areas.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

OH is hoping that everyone round here DOES panic-buy all the fuel from our local Shell station - he's a rep & if he can't fill the tank up (with his Shell fuel card), he get's the day off!

Comment

i thought i'd better go with the flow and tank up yesterday - i did try to panic but it didn't happen .........
              http://MeAndMyVeggies.blogspot.com

Comment

UPDATE......
                It is not just Fuel but all Crude Oil based products so I went out today and grabbed to of the biggest tubes of KY just to be sure.
                My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Thanks for that NOG, just what we wanted to hear..................

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I am fed up with the rise of petrol and diesel prices. Went past the local garage a couple days ago and noticed the cost had gone up a penny a litre from the day before. By the time we came back from shopping, it had gone up another twopence!!

Dunno how the country is supposed to sustain this - people soon won't be able to afford to get to work to earn enough to pay the mortgage
                    Happy Gardening,
                    Shirley

Comment

With the rise of Kabab and chicken shops round here we should be ok for Bio fuel.
                      My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Originally posted by NOG View Post
                        UPDATE......
                        It is not just Fuel but all Crude Oil based products so I went out today and grabbed to of the biggest tubes of KY just to be sure.
                        Actually, KY is water based. That why it's recommended for use with rubber!
                        Last edited by The Doctor; 28-04-2008, 07:47 AM.
                        Veni, Vidi, Velcro.
                        I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Comment

Mr Sheds topped up as usual for the week. All unleaded was sold out - and the price of all fuel has crept up a few pence over the weekend.
                          The garage had sold more than double the amount of fuel it normally does; people were filling up jerry cans (so the price went up - teach them for being muppets)
                          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I know people have said about this "pillock" who bought £100 worth of fuel, but I reckon that's not as much as people might think...

I have a fairly average sized car, with an average sized tank and it still cost me £60 to fill - I would imagine filling up a big ole 4x4 or mahoosive limo-barge would soon get you near the £100 mark. I always fill the car up - reduces the amount of trips I have to take to refuel. Just so happened that my cars computer reckoned that I had 0 miles left in the tank on that day.
                            A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

I filled up over the weekend, as had driven to a friends house and back, so had only 1/4 of a tank left...

Loads of queues at Morrisons, but that's pretty normal; but went to a T.esco and it was fine. No limit as to how much you could buy, no real queues or anything (yet)

It costs me £70 to fill up with diesel, but I do get about 600 miles from that, and I only fill up every 2 or 3 weeks, so not too bad I guess!

Comment

Getting a bit silly up here in Moray. Most petrol stations limiting everyone except HGVs to 25 litres but Tesco still ok. If people didn't do the panic bit, we would all be able to carry on as normal- but heyho, we wouldn't have anything to gripe about if everyone was sensible!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X