No announcement yet.

Wee wee in compost

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Encouraged in our garden too (the polytunnel helps cover the blushes and then the container can be emptied out, all noncholent like, into the bin).

Doesn't matter if it's male or female, it all helps......
    Growing in the Garden of England

Comment

as i only have the veggie patch at the bottom of the garden, my neighbours might not want to see me peeing in the compost bin .....
      http://MeAndMyVeggies.blogspot.com

Comment

My composter is right down the garden and unless the weather is really bad I pour urine in it daily.

There's no need to climb and straddle - just wee in a commode situated discreetly indoors.

There's another benefit, my water bills are lower because I don't flush the loo so often.

My compost is coming on nicely and now it's a bit warmer the worms have woken up.
        "A garden is a friend you can visit any time."

Comment

I am gonna continue to reuse and recycle then

I was also using the excuse of not flushing, saving water etc, I did watch a program once where a woman was talking about toilet activities and her saying was "if it's brown, flush it down! If it's yellow, let it mellow!"

MrsB x

Comment

Oh I'm totally in agreement with reusing and recycling. It wasn't so long ago that folk were quite happy with using non flushing outside toilets - at least I can remember this but then I was born at the end of the war. I knew people who threw the contents of their buckets on their compost heaps, solids and all!!
            "A garden is a friend you can visit any time."

Comment

Just put my order in to OH, need his pee urgently
              http://herbie-veggiepatch.blogspot.com

Updated 23rd February 2009

Comment

Hi I am pregnant and was wondering if pregnant lady pee was any good!!

Comment

If you've been practising yoga!

Never could get the hang of peeing into a container when pregnant - wasn't too bad at the beginning but by about 7 months it all got a bit complicated

Those sample bottles could only have been designed by a man

Comment

I know this may sound a bit distateful to some, but if I get caught short I go somewhere out of sight and pee in a 2 gallon watering can.
                    I then fill it up with water and water plants with it. No ill effects to the plants from what I can see!
                    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

No Loo's on my allotment site , but I now have a good idea what the gentlemen on my site do if they want to pee
                      Me I go to the local pub
                      lol Bridgehouse[June]

Comment

Flowerpower
                        That's what ladies sheds are for!
                        Sue

Comment

i asked my boyfriend(ex now) to pee pee in a bottle for the compost heap..he was appalled! i asked his friend too (didn't need to watch either of them of course!...generally I think his mate is a bit more `open minded' but still said no! therefore...he is an ex and his friend is an ex friend as male pee pee is seen as the one to use..I'll just need to wait!
                          "A cat sees no good reason why it should obey another animal, even if it does stand on two legs."

Comment

Originally posted by Pootle View Post
                            If you've been practising yoga!

Never could get the hang of peeing into a container when pregnant - wasn't too bad at the beginning but by about 7 months it all got a bit complicated

Those sample bottles could only have been designed by a man
                            Its a bugger when you can't see over or round yer belly to see where yer aimin!! Memories....
                            Kirsty b xx

Comment

Well, this is the first I've ever heard about peeing into compost bins!! Fascinating and I will be doing just that from now on. Not sure what the missus will make of it, but she thinks I'm barking anyway!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X