No announcement yet.

Corned Beef tins!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I'm a member of the superior sex (a man), I report I had no difficulties opening corned beef cans.
    And as a far thinking man, I warm them up in some hot water first to slightly melt the fat so when you turn them upside down the meat drops out. (having first cooled them for hours in the fridge so they carve easier) Easy.. for a man.

Simple.

Takes a man to show these wimmin how to do it.

Now where's my nurse?
    Last edited by Madasafish; 19-04-2008, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Minty View Post
      Spam is a bigger problem for me
      You need a spam filter minty!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I never use the key to open a corned beef tin.
        I remove the top & bottom of the tin with a tin opener & push the meat out.
        It usually comes out in one piece.
        The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
        Brian Clough

Comment

I've always had trouble with corned beef cans as the scar across my thumb will bear witness! Sardine cans are also troublesome,you pull the top back with the key attached,the sauce goes all over your front and the lid sticks halfway!

Comment

I always push a knife point in the other end once I've finally managed to pull the top back but still have to use a knife to prise out the meat. With the old tins it fell out.
            Live each day as if it was your last because one day it will be

Comment

Originally posted by Madasafish View Post
              As I'm a member of the superior sex (a man), I report I had no difficulties opening corned beef cans.
              And as a far thinking man, I warm them up in some hot water first to slightly melt the fat so when you turn them upside down the meat drops out. (having first cooled them for hours in the fridge so they carve easier) Easy.. for a man.

Simple.

Takes a man to show these wimmin how to do it.

Now where's my nurse?
              Peeling your grapes?????
              Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful..William Morris

Comment

i blimin hate change grrrr

Comment

NOG I cut 3 of my fingers on corned beef tin, really badly - not A&E, but still not nice!
                  why oh why do they make them so hard to get into?
                  and, while on soap box.....
                  I am not old (?) but have very poor grip, how in the devil are some of our less able folks meant to undo some of the twist to break seal jobbies! makes me really mad. I am lucky I have Mr HF and Mr HF has to do most of the ones I come across.
                  Last edited by Headfry; 21-04-2008, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NOG View Post
                    Corn Beef is one of the biggest caused of Kitchen injuries at A&E.
                    Been there- done that!!!
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X