Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ketchup ??? brass polish ???

ok wierd one.
    i try to do everything as natural as possable i have some very nice old scale weights which i inherited from my nan been well used and now they are very grubby and in need of a good polish, now reading up on various sites i figured vinegar the obvious but tomato ketchup????
    anyone tried this method apparently you submerse the items in ketchup and heat it up then polish off

tomato ketchup is a fab cleaner as is Coke (yukky stuff!) Fill a dish with TK and drop the weights in and leave them in there - they'll sparkle..

If you wanna see Coke in action but not risk your weights, drop a really dirty penny into a glass of Coke and leave it ....and to think that some people actually drink that
    Last edited by piskieinboots; 11-04-2008, 04:11 PM.
    aka
    Suzie

Comment

i heard you can put coca cola down the loo too leave it over night. i will try the ketchup thing though

Comment

ok in the interests of using household stuffs and not commercial cleaners i will do a photographic experiment(?) ketchup and brown vinegar
        i will be back in an hour
        Attached Files
        Last edited by areia; 11-04-2008, 05:00 PM.

Comment

okayyyyyyyy i've done the test, didnt know what to really expect, vinegar dint do half as much as the tommy k did, and of course we had an outsider who came in and decided to use autosol on one just to prove a point was a bit worried as the brassed looked a little pink but it does come off eventualy
          pic one is where they are straight out if the condiments as it were
          pic 2 is where they have been polished for the same amount of time around ten mins and of course the large 500 gm one has been polished with autosol as you can see the autosol has done the job a bit better but im going to continue polishing with tommy k as the whole idea of the experiment was to find somthing that will clean brass with chemicals
          Attached Files

Comment

Lea & Perrins Worcester Sauce is a good metal cleaner as well you will not be disapointedit is nice on a bacon sandwich as well jacob
            What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
            Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X