Seal cull by Canadians

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seal cull by Canadians

omg! just watched the news and witnessed seal cull by the canadians, I think, i'd just switched on! i had to cover my eyes! blood trailing over ice...cubs not quite dead or just injured and left...i thought this was just a memory from the 80s..how wrong I am i understand that culling has to happen at times, but does it have to be a human hitting an animal over the head, once, twice or maybe three times? whatabout the suffering! it makes me very very angry!
    "A cat sees no good reason why it should obey another animal, even if it does stand on two legs."

I'm not usually squeamish, but these pictures were really distressing, I couldn't watch. If the cull is actually necessary - are bullets really that expensive? Surely quicker and kinder than clubbing

This season the Canadian government is allowing hunters to kill up to 275,000 young harp seals on the ice floes off Eastern Canada. It promised a more humane season this year, and advised hunters to make sure the animals are dead before they begin skinning them.

If you want to register your disgust, click here: Advocates for Animals - Protest against Canada seal slaughter. The email is different to this one though: Min@dfo-mpo.gc.ca. Possibly use both?
    Last edited by Two_Sheds; 30-03-2008, 07:52 AM.
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I'd thought this was a thing of the past. There just aren't words to express my disgust.
      Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

I've just booked on a Canadian club 18 - 30 seals holiday

Comment

There was a piece in the Independent about this with a truly shocking photo. I recall the pelts are shipped to China and maybe Russia? But the ships go via European ports - so it's within our governments' powers to make life hard for the trade.
          Resistance is fertile

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
            I'm not usually squeamish, but these pictures were really distressing, I couldn't watch. If the cull is actually necessary - are bullets really that expensive? Surely quicker and kinder than clubbing
            Its very dangerious to shoot on Ice. Thats why they club.

Not nice but hey neither ig getting eaten by a polar bear.
            My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

thanks TS for that web link...horrid, but an email is on its way! i was the same, had to cover my eyes!

Dee
              "A cat sees no good reason why it should obey another animal, even if it does stand on two legs."

Comment

Time to stop this barbaric practice..

>>>Click<<<

Geo..

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X