Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steroid injection

Hi

I just had a stroid injection in my shoulder and was very surprised, I was expecting it ot be really painful but the only bit I felt was the needle when it first punctured the skin and that was it, it didnt even bleed.
    I have to say the doctor seemed a bit miffed that it didnt hurt at all.

Cheers Chris

Beware Greeks bearing gifts, or have you already got a wooden horse?... hehe.

Are you bragging about this or complaining? Just be grateful!
    janeyo

Comment

Were you injured lifting prematurely enormous tomato plants?

Glad it didn't hurt and hope it fixes whatever was wrong.
      I was feeling part of the scenery
      I walked right out of the machinery
      My heart going boom boom boom
      "Hey" he said "Grab your things
      I've come to take you home."

Comment

I had a steroid injection in my shoulder recently for a frozen shoulder unfortunately it hasn't worked and am waiting for manipulation under general anaesthetic.
        Hope you are ok.
        Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
        and ends with backache

Comment

Gawd Jackie..My mum had a similar story...no fun for you at all.

I wrenched my shoulder and elbow recently slipping down a hill carrying a concrete block at the lottie Managed to throw the block clear of my head and the new greenhouse but was VERY sore. I smothered my arm in Arnica (sp)ointment and it has really helped. Great stuff.

Comment

Just watch it in the morning. It is usually OK to start then after about 12 hours or so it gets fairly bad and then tails off over the next few days. They reckon it's the steroid formng crystals that dissapear over a couple of days that causes the pain - it usually (but not always) works though.

Comment

My sympathies. Let me know if the injection works. Is it just for pain relief or does it do something else?
              I've had shoulder pain for 12 years now (nerve damage to my shoulder blade means I can't raise my left arm). The weight of the arm drags on my neck because the shoulder blade doesn't do its job of supporting the arm.
              I am desperate for pain relief, although I did faint when I had acupuncture
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X