Is it me ......

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it me ......

.... I've been looking for a new, more interesting job these past couple of weeks. So far, the two interviews I've been lucky enough to be granted have been a guy wanting to meet me in a pub carpark and hand over a copy of my passport to him, and a guy who chainsmoked in his office, blowing the smoke all over me and talking at me for two hours about how wonderful he and his company is and he cant understand why all his staff have left, but he knows I'll just fit right in since I dont have any children to have to rush home to before 8pm at night and am local enough to rush in at his beck and call on Saturday mornings when the 45 hr week isnt long enough

Praps my current job aint that bad after all!! The devil you know and all that good stuff
    Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Threshers more like
    Resistance is fertile

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Wagland View Post
      Threshers more like
      ouch!
      Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Gotta be a better bet than the dross I've been getting ... who would give their passport to a total stranger in a pub carpark?? Or is it just me?!

I couldnt afford to work at threshers, the wage packet would never get out the door Mind you ... staff perks???? Staff parties???
        Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

We had a lodger who worked at a big wine store - he was always tired and hungover... probably not what he expected when he signed up!

Where have you been looking so far Sue?
          Last edited by Paul Wagland; 26-03-2008, 02:44 PM.
          Resistance is fertile

Comment

I'm a secretary/PA Paul, and have been looking on the Reed website in the main. Trouble I have is not having much time, being in work in office hours surprise surprise! I'm having to go sign up with the agency advertising any particular job, then go out again for the interview. Its really annoying when they turn out badly, like my smoking guy who did offer me a job with an increased salary but in terms of work/life balance I would be worse off - thats the important bit to me, not the salary (tho of course I need one!). I dont really enjoy office work but its what I do, so I might as well do it somewhere 'interesting' .... okay, sorry, moan over!!

Comment

I used to be a Legal Sec, and a PA to a director of education. Ultra-busy, both positions. Not well paid. Good luck.

But as to lack of choice: hey, aren't there literally thousands of jobs waiting vacant out there for the 1.6 million people on Incap?
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Moggsue, try your local papers - most have an online job vacancy feature (maybe you could even access it from work). Also think about what sort of field you want to work in. I am also a sec/administrator and I've found that the smaller firms are a lot more interesting to work for. More varied duties, in a big company you tend to end up just doing part of a job. There are usually loads of vacancies in local government (staff can't stand the stress of being overworked and underpaid and no job satisfaction). Do an internet search.

Comment

Originally posted by rustylady View Post
                  Moggsue, try your local papers - most have an online job vacancy feature (maybe you could even access it from work). Also think about what sort of field you want to work in. I am also a sec/administrator and I've found that the smaller firms are a lot more interesting to work for. More varied duties, in a big company you tend to end up just doing part of a job. There are usually loads of vacancies in local government (staff can't stand the stress of being overworked and underpaid and no job satisfaction). Do an internet search.
                  Yep, It's all true, I work in Local Government, Pension Scheme's not bad.
                  http://herbie-veggiepatch.blogspot.com

Updated 23rd February 2009

Comment

Think I was spoilt when I used to work in a University, that was such a great job .... even had a year off on full pay to travel europe Then they restructured and I was made redundant and havent found anything half so good/interesting since.

I shall continue the search good peeps - and try local govt website too. Thanks for your support!

Comment

i have 2 web businesses - i did have an office and staff but was a real pain to run it esp as i am a single parent so not easy to get to the office in school holidays etc
                      so closed the office, got rid of staff, worked from hom instead

and now i desperately need an administrator / secretary / PA
                      but can you imagine the job advert?
                      WANTED - PA/Secretary/Administrator
                      Work for single parent in his bedroom .......
                      http://MeAndMyVeggies.blogspot.com

Comment

I could be your Virtual PA FG?!?!

Comment

the job is yours moggsue
                          start tonight??
                          http://MeAndMyVeggies.blogspot.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X