allotment transport

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• allotment transport

I don't drive and my allotment is a mile away so i came up with thing contraption , I know it don't look much but it was free and can carry two 75ltr bags of compost with no problems.

and one else got wierd transport ?
    Attached Files
    ---) CARL (----
    ILFRACOMBE
    NORTH DEVON

a seed planted today makes a meal tomorrow!

www.freewebs.com/carlseawolf

http://mountain-goat.webs.com/

now in blog form ! UPDATED 15/4/09

I bet you get some funny looks wheeling that around! Good idea though.
    Resistance is fertile

Comment

My daughter's pushchair has seen some heavy loads on it. Normally she's been in the chair too!

Comment

Nice one Carl.

I don't drive either and my littlest is still in a pushchair. I pile up the p/c basket and hood with as much as possible, wear the biggest rucksack I can carry and then hook an old shopping trolley onto one of the pushchair handles, so I can drag a load of stuff along behind us too.

I'm quite sure I look like a loon (old ladies smile at me in a 'poor girl' kind of way ) but hey, it gets the job done
        I was feeling part of the scenery
        I walked right out of the machinery
        My heart going boom boom boom
        "Hey" he said "Grab your things
        I've come to take you home."

Comment

Carries a bit more..........but it can get quite thirsty!
          Attached Files
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

when i first built this just before christmas my kids refused to walk anywhere near me ,so i said i was going to paint it red and put bells on it.
            the funny thing is a year on nobody takes any notice and the running costs have only been 2 punctures .
            ---) CARL (----
            ILFRACOMBE
            NORTH DEVON

a seed planted today makes a meal tomorrow!

www.freewebs.com/carlseawolf

http://mountain-goat.webs.com/

now in blog form ! UPDATED 15/4/09

Comment

bet it keeps all the wierdos you'd rather not talk to away! I'm lucky the allotment is round the back of the house so I use a wheel barrow
              Yo an' Bob
              Walk lightly on the earth
              take only what you need
              give all you can
              and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

I have an image of seahorse looking like an old tramp wandering along with all her worldly goods in a shopping trolley! sorry if that's not too pc of me... smack my wrist.

Great ideas for contraptions though! I do a similar thing with pushchair and it's only 100 foot down the garden!

janeyo

Comment

I only live about ten minutes walk from my lottie, but it's not safe to leave good tools etc there, so I've always walked round carrying spade, fork, bag containing flask, sandwiches, hand tools, seed packets, seedlings for transplanting etc. I have trouble manoeuvring traditional wheelbarrows, so that option was out. However I was treated to a visit to a Wyevale garden centre a few months ago and found what looked like a huge plantpot on wheels with a high back and handle. WHOOPEE!! My new toy. Will try to get a picture to post. Can get lots in it, it's easy to pull - my only complaint is that the wheels are hard plastic so make a lot of noise, why can't they use rubber?

Comment

I have a lovely handwoven willow wheely basket which groans under the weight it has to carry up to the allotment. This usually comprises stuff for the hens, a bag from the kitchen composter, water for drinking, cardboard, bits of gardening equipment or things from the house I think might be useful on the allotment and plants. It usually weighs a ton.
                    I also have a rucksack filled with anything else to carry.
                    All this has to go on a long walk both ends and a bus ride in between.
                    And I do look like one of those bag ladies what with wearing my allotment gear at the same time.

Sue

Comment

I usually just carry a fork or spade to our newest plot (shed not finished yet). Late last year I emerged from the bushes by the allotments, spade in hand, to find two policemen walking along the path towards me. I immediately blurted out the first thing to enter my head; "I wasn't burying anyone". Luckily they just laughed. A bit nervously, now I think about it....
                      Resistance is fertile

Comment

My twins have got a 3 wheeler off road job that they won't be using much longer i've had my eye on it for a few months to be converted .
                        I'd rather regret the things i've done than regret not doing them at all.

Comment

Originally posted by carlseawolf View Post
                          when i first built this just before christmas my kids refused to walk anywhere near me .
                          When I was a Kid I didn't have a say in anything...Dad came home in a new car and that was the first we knew of it.

Last year I as looking at cars and the Citroen Berlingo Multispace looked just the job loads of space to put sheds in the back. But in the showroom Young Sam stated to everyone in there that it was "Spaz Waggon" (his phrase not mine) and asked the salesman if it came with a free wheelchair. Then he infomred me that I was not allowed to buy one......as it would embarras him.

Nine....hes bleeden 9 and telling me what I can buy...
                          My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Lottie transport? Legs, lottie only 5 mins walk.
                            The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                            Brian Clough

Comment

My grandfather had a wooden barrow made out of pallet type timber with two large pram wheels...these were the days when most people didn't have a car... he had a two mile walk to the allotment and two miles back

The times I have walked there and hitched a ride back in his barrow amongst all the vegetables he had collected for the week... in those days it was common to see allotmenteers with similar barrows

Wonderful memories

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X