Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The Slow Allotment" in Organic Way (Spring 2008)

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every time a 'newbie' asks for advice here, we always say - take it slow, don't try to do everything in the first few months, take time to enjoy it etc etc......

I was disappointed too, it seemed to suggest you shouldn't try to take on an allotment with a job/family etc etc. But that hardly seems the right way to encourage people to start growing their own. Sure, we all need to understand that the lottie is a commitment, but it did sound rather 'nanny' from my point of view.

Let people make their own mistakes I say, we don't learn unless we try...
    Growing in the Garden of England

Comment

Originally posted by kentvegplot View Post
      Every time a 'newbie' asks for advice here, we always say - take it slow, don't try to do everything in the first few months, take time to enjoy it etc etc......
      Yes, true, but we also say "cover what you can't cope with", which stops weeds becoming a problem when you can't get to the plot. And I think most of the people who find their way onto this forum have already realised that it's no easy task & so are looking for advice, which is a major step in the right direction!

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
        It really isn't fair on your neighbours to leave weeds & grass going to seed
        Agreed! The plot next to me has been in a state for at least 8 years ... its had 4 different tenants in that time, I've never seen any of them more than twice.
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X