In Engerland for two weeks

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Engerland for two weeks

No proper gardening for two weeks cos i'm off to engerland for easter to do grandma duty..........................
    i know i can get on line hopefully so maybe i wont come back to 6000 new posts....
    can someone pop round to my house while i'm gone and stick my spuds in cos i didnt get them in today as it bloody rained....so only lates this year -trying Belle de Fontenay (Sarah Raven recommends) last year grew Charlottes which were brilliant even with the blight...........
    in engerland i will have to cut the privet and weed and generally titivate the front garden (its our house but my daughters and grand daughter live in it and they dont garden)
    when i get back everything here will have greened up including all the brambles................
    http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...gs/jardiniere/

It's never a good time to leave a garden!

Where abouts in blighty will you be? Are you going to be given time off for good behaviour?
    The weeks and the years are fine. It's the days I can't cope with!

Comment

Sorry Jardiniere I think I'm probably closest to you but to be honest, I'm up to my bum in trying to sort of my own garden (almost finished the first fruit tunnel) and getting the very last (he says, probably a fib) of the raised beds sited.

J's going back for a long weekend in July for a Uni reunion but I've managed to avoid it and it's likely I won't be back until November now - and I can't get out of that one because I have to drive back!

Blighty has never been the same since dear Sir John Mills died you know ........ he won the war for us, I've seen him do it so many times in the old black and white war movies it MUST be true.
      TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

Jardiniere - (you know something? a rather lovely Italian Restauranteur used to call me that back in Buckinhamshire!)
        There's NEVER a good time to be away from home, in my humble opinion! There's always something that needs tending/tweaking?

I would gladly offer to travel over to the Lot and do that for you, in your absence, but, as adept at House/Garden-Sitting as I am, a lovely client of mine has just had the most gorgous little baby girl, and I'm required for cooing, nappy-changing, and holding the darling little wriggle-bum whilst her Mum is having a well-earned Barf or 40 Winks!

Where abouts (is there a parrot in here?) are you going back to in Blighty?!
        And enjoy it as much as you can..........!

Comment

I'll be in Sarf East London - Lewisham to be precise.......will try to log in from time to time

Comment

Soirry Jardiniere, couldn't help you anyway because everybody in north/east London knows that people from south/se London never bath or shower because that's where they keep the coal!
            TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

Originally posted by Jardiniere View Post
              I'll be in Sarf East London - Lewisham to be precise.......will try to log in from time to time
              You're not far from me then! Is that cause to flee in terror?

Terry of the untidy and v.soggy garden!
              Last edited by TPeers; 16-03-2008, 11:40 AM.
              The weeks and the years are fine. It's the days I can't cope with!

Comment

Managed to get on line ....no i wont be visiting Coulsdon and thankyou Tony but the bath here is well used if only by the granddaughter...its in france that i dont have a bath!
                am told by my neighbours in the Lot that there have been frosts so i'm hoping my seedlings are all OK.
                i'd put out a couple of geraniums as well that i'd saved all winter bet they dead now!
                snowed here this am

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X