Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
    Indeed, but tell him no more trousers!?

I hope they're comfyier (sp?) than they look? Very Germanic/Heidi I thought the picture looked!
    I shall plait my hair before doing any gardening...

Comment

Originally posted by OverWyreGrower
      I shall plait my hair before doing any gardening...

But what are they like on, asks shirlthegirl43, come on tell us....those padded bits look like they're made as shin pads!
      To see a world in a grain of sand
      And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

I haven't seen Mr OWG since yesterday morning, so haven't had chance to try them on!

I'll try and get a picture of them tonight, and report on their wearability.....

Comment

Mrs P looks very fetching in here new dungarees...A Slightly 'Land Army' look for the lottie.

Comment

So do Lidl (or anywhere else for that matter) sell a seriously cheap crab apple-tree? I've just seen photos of one which someone bonsai'd. Gorgeous - got to have a go.
            Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
              After wrecking 3 pairs of jeans in the garden last year I can see the value of the dungarees - to wear over regular jeans. Has anyone tried a pair - what are they like?
              I ruined a brand new pair of jeans with just a little bit of mud (not even Vanish will shift it ... I think Cillit B@ng would just dissolve them).
              I got a pair of Gap denim dungies from Oxfam which are the bees knees (and a bit trendier than the Lidl Heidi ones). And a floral Cath Kidston style pinny to go over regular clothes if i don't have my dungies on (vanity on an allotment, I ask you)

Here's a thought ... bare skin is easier to clean than clothes
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by bluemoon View Post
                So do Lidl (or anywhere else for that matter) sell a seriously cheap crab apple-tree? I've just seen photos of one which someone bonsai'd. Gorgeous - got to have a go.
                Please ignore the above, I've just spoken to a bonsai expert and to grow a crab apple in this form requires cuttings as commercial trees are grafted.
                Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
                  These?

I must point out to prevent disapointment to the male element...you just get the trousers...

I purchased a pair and had on hell of a row with the manager.....

But he relented and let me have the Polish girl of the till for an extra £10.

So my digging is sorted this season.
                  My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Originally posted by OverWyreGrower View Post
                    We spotted the Lidl gardening bargains in my mums local paper last night and Mr OWG conceded that a cultivator-thingy-machine would indeed be most handy, especially since just to hire one costs an arm and a leg here!
                    £39.99 to buy, £40.00 to rent for one day. However, the Lidl thingy is electric, not much help on an allotment with no leccy. Having said that my son (leccytrician) says he can get me a (silentish) generator to run it. So do I trust my son to get the generator ( have to say he's a typical unreliable artisan) or do I just accept that I have to dig the lotty .
                    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                    Oxfordshire

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X