Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

doh! don't leave your name on your dirty work!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doh! don't leave your name on your dirty work!

I've been clearing my new plot, and found it strewn with glass bottles, cans, coloured balls (snooker?), old books, toys etc. My lottie neighbour said neighbour on other side of fence had been chucking stuff over the fence, but I couldn't prove it was them, so couldn't really do anything about it.

Then guess what ... I looked through one of the binliners of crap, and the numpties had only included a pile of post with their NAME AND ADDRESS on it! Superb.
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Wow! You could have a field day with that sort of evidence! I think "bang to rights" is the phrase or is it "red-handed" or something.
    Bright Blessings
    Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

That's very sad, so much for honour among lottie holders. I hope the allotment committee hang um up to dry and then compost them as a deterrent to others.
      Regards
      Lady Jana Muck

Comment

You could walk round to their house and present it to them saying where you found it. If they had any shame... but they're probably pig ignorant lazy slobs who don't care...or they'll hit you :-(

Comment

So, what are you going to do about it? Reporting them to the Committee obviously won't be any good as they are no longer allotment holders. Confronting them is a bit iffy for personal safety reasons, and knowing local councils they probably won't even regard it as fly-tipping as allotments are classed as private land. Anyone got any (safe) ideas??

Comment

Originally posted by rustylady View Post
            So, what are you going to do about it?
            Are they still your 'neighbours'? If they are, I think 'sorting it' v. 'keeping the peace' is quite a big issue.

I'd be sorely tempted to chuck it all back with a 'this is yours' note and fill in any credit card, junk mail etc stuff on their behalf. Being realistic though, if they're still around, they could make your lottie life a misery.

Would (could) the allotment committee (if you have one?) deal with it sensitively without a big 'she dobbed you in' sign appearing over your head?

Good luck, whatever you decide! I'm certain it wasn't my current neighbours but I've found some pretty horrible stuff on my plot
            I was feeling part of the scenery
            I walked right out of the machinery
            My heart going boom boom boom
            "Hey" he said "Grab your things
            I've come to take you home."

Comment

i'd just dispose of it safely and if they're still your neighbours just have a quite word and tell them what youve done and remind them they were lucky it was you that found it and not some undesireable who could obtain credit etc in their name(s)...maybe then it will shame them in to not doing it to you or anyone else again
              The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Yes, Piskie I think I will do that... put it in their own bin.

BTW, they were never allotment holders: just lazy sods: private householders on t'other side of the fence.

Comment

I'd report it to the chairman of the plot and the council for fly tipping

Comment

NSB is right there twosheds i think the mention of flytipping and the size of the fine will cure it once and for all
                    is spacetime curved or was einstien round the bend

Comment

I hope you're right but to be honest I think the sort of people who chuck rubbish over a fence rather than the clearly labourious task of taking it all the way to their bin, wouldnt give a flying fig for a council letter saying dont do it again or else.
                      Maybe I'm wrong though???
                      Good luck with whatever course of action you choose.
                      Bob Leponge
                      Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Take it up with the council. I know that our's has taken a stance over fly tipping and they will presecute!

Comment

Well, I wrote to the council last night. This morning, the householder put her head over the fence and was all chatty and complimentary about the amount of clearing I had done. A Kodak moment: me, shuffling my feet embarrassed cos I'd dobbed her in, and her patently not noticing the bags of her own rubbish lined up by my feet !

I guess the sh1t will hit the fan when she gets her letter from Environmental Health

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                            Well, I wrote to the council last night. This morning, the householder put her head over the fence and was all chatty and complimentary about the amount of clearing I had done. A Kodak moment: me, shuffling my feet embarrassed cos I'd dobbed her in, and her patently not noticing the bags of her own rubbish lined up by my feet !

I guess the sh1t will hit the fan when she gets her letter from Environmental Health
                            I think you did the right thing, so don't feel bad about her been chatty and complimentary, she should have done it in the first place not you.
                            Smile and the world smiles with you

Comment

HF having a naughty moment...but...
                              you could say that you found something very strange in amongst a bag of rubbish found on your plot, it contained some of their mail and something very strange that they really would not have wanted anyone to find, so you calmly disposed of it. "don't worry your secret is safe with me" "though I am not not sure if it was yours or your husbands"... NO that last bit is to nasty, but you get the idea.
                              Sorry- sorry- nasty HF, HF will be good for rest of the day! ;-)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X