Aldi Offers

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick go to Lidl!

Went there today as I love it in general...its like a supermarket you go in on holiday somewhere like Spain!

Anyway loads of seeds of varieties you dont see everywhere, dwarf french beans that are yellow! Loads of salad seeds that I have never heard of. I think they are all from a french company.
    Last edited by Grovsey; 16-02-2008, 06:19 PM. Reason: wrong supermarket!

Comment

I meant Lidl not Aldi....sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Grovsey View Post
        What are their seeds price like? Do they start from 39p onwards as I've seen in a stored called InStore (basically a Pounstretcher). I have noticed that Lidl can have exciting range of goods that are Continental yet you don't pay exclusive price on them. Must pay them a visit if you say they have French seeds .
        Last edited by veg4681; 16-02-2008, 07:24 PM.
        Food for Free

Comment

Whether Aldi or Lidl, yes they do sell some good stuff and very cheap, but if you live where I do your local store never seems to stock the full range.

Comment

I went back today and got 3 more window propagators, great value and SO handy because they come in sections. marvelous!

Comment

You should be able to edit the title.

Comment

Our local Lidl has a great range of seeds all summer long - really reasonably priced and I have had success from all those I have sown.
                Happy Gardening,
                Shirley

Comment

Just checkd, Lidl seeds are 29p per packet.....I think they are Spanish not French.

Comment

Just checkd, Lidl seeds are 29p per packet.....I think they are Spanish not French.
                    Are the Spanish seeds of exotic sort? The ones in Instore (aka Poundstretcher) were very standard variety as in California Wonder Pepper, Moneymaker tomato, Black Beauty Aubergine, standard butternut squash etc that seems to be the norm with most of Wilko/B&Q own brand of seeds.
                    Last edited by veg4681; 17-02-2008, 12:54 PM.
                    Food for Free

Comment

a mix of varieties that you would see in your garden centre and others you possibly would not...I havent seen yellow dwarf french beans before...and there were letuce/salad varieties I havent ever heard of.

Comment

Originally posted by willowstar View Post
                        I went back today and got 3 more window propagators, great value and SO handy because they come in sections. marvelous!
                        I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this, but you are an addict.
                        WELCOME TO THE CLUB.

More Gardening offers Thursday 21st Feb.
                        Fruit Trees
                        each £3.99

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ultimate ‘pick your own’ – ready for planting, these established fruit trees will bear fruit in just two years.

Minimum height approximately: 1.2m
                        Varieties: Cherry, Pear, Plum, Dessert Apple, Cooking Apple, Apricot, Peach

Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

I went to LIDL too today and got some 29p seeds, lots for the kids, pumpkins, beans etc, had them before and never had problems, got to go to ALDI tho

Comment

my local aldi didn't have the seed tray/plugs pack - only the windowsill greenhouse and the little pots
                            i'm sad now
                            but i'll go back again today anyway
                            http://MeAndMyVeggies.blogspot.com

Comment

phew, don't have any room for trees and we are moving soon so will be able to resist.

unless they can grow in pots?!?

Comment

Originally posted by willowstar View Post
                                phew, don't have any room for trees and we are moving soon so will be able to resist.

unless they can grow in pots?!?
                                For first year, I'm sure it can't hurt but you need to look after them more of course as pots can dry out faster, the smaller they are.
                                Food for Free

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X