No announcement yet.

School then - school now

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

at my freinds school teachers are not allowed to hug a child if he/she has fallen over which i think is sad, my son has behavioural problems and has a hard time with new things i.e. when his teacher has to be out of class for study. He adores his teacher and hugs her all the time, its does not bother me at all and she has told me he is no problem at all when she teaches him, its such a shame displines have changed so much, and to be honest alot of these problems have been around its just the media that high lights everything and how we always have to hear the bad, like the news for instance its become alot more graphic i much prefere sitting watching the local news where you get some cheesy feel good news about some commuity progress of some kitten thats been rescued, negative stuff far outways the postitive on our screens news just doesnt have to be all about the bad stuff surely

Comment

Haha. Very funny, I like that. The worlds gone crazy. Im 26 and even I think the change from when I was little is dramatic. Parents pander to their childs every wish and we are all paranoid beyond belief. When will the madness end!!
      Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!

Comment

I'm glad i was a child of the sixties. My Dad died in 1961 when I was 6 and my Mum brought us three girls up on her own ( the eldest was 11 ) we never went without love and affection.
        When my first marriage broke up I was left with 4 boys aged 4yrs - 13 yrs and Their dad wasn't around much so I was on my own. I got a part time Job but I was always there when they got home from school and in school holidays. After all I didn't have my kids to be brought up by someone else. Not all parents can afford to be at home now but I think you need to be. Employers need to be more flexible.
        When my eldest son was 17 yrs I grounded him for a month just because he didn't like living under my rules he was allowed to go to college and to work and he had to give me his wages which I put in his bank account and he was able to go to Germany something he has always thanked me for doing. None of my boys have ever been in trouble, but neither were they angels.
        Not all kids are the same and there are some fantastic ones out there but unfortunately are all tarred with the same brush.
        Its time the governments helped kids who do no wrong not always those who do.
        At my daughters school the ones who work hard are the ones who are rewarded, parents regularly get praise cards home for good work, she has been nominated twice for a silver reward and last term had a £10 voucher for outstanding extra curriculum work.
        Its hard being a parent, too many kids fall into a trap thinking if they have a baby all will be well, then realise its not easy, they are only kids themselves,
        You don't have to smack kids to make them understand.
        Being a parent means unconditional love no matter what. But it doesnt give them the right to break the law or be disruptive in school.
        Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
        and ends with backache

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X