Compost enquiry

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compost enquiry

Hi all, i am new to gardening and the GYO forum and wonder if someone could help me with a query i have. I have been told that fresh coffee grinds and tea leaves are could in the garden, but can these be used direct into the soil/as a mulch or do they need to go in the compost heap. Many thanks

I do both. They're very good for the compost bin and I even put them in the wormery. I use coffee grinds in the garden too and put directly onto the soil. Ages ago someone told me it helped to deter carrot fly from my carrots and so I tried it and I've never had carrot fly, so I'm either lucky or it works. I'm sure it's supposed to deter cats and dogs too, but don't quote me on that!

Comment

I don't have many coffee grounds but I do put tea bags either in the wormery or compost bin and I remember my grandmother always poured any left over tea in the tea pot over her garden once it had cooled down
      www.poultrychat.com

Comment

Now that you mention it poultrychat, I remember my gran pouring cold tea over the garden. The milky dregs after you have washed out the milk bottles I seem to recall went on ferns! Anyone heard of this one?

Comment

Thanks for that Eskymo.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X