X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
    I'm not really real you know!
    I know - 'cos I haven't seen you!
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I always thought forums (fora?) were for saddoes with no friends. Now I know that its the only place I can waffle on about compost, water butts and mulching.
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Mentioning water butts. I was in homebase today and they had water butts for sale which you build yourself using small pieces of wood (about 1' x 3"). At first I thought may be it was for decorative purposes and you would put the plastic one inside but the dispay model had a tap on the wood and plenty of gaps for water to leak out off! Am I missing something?
        Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.

Michael Pollan

Comment

My OH does not 'do' forums. But then, really, neither do I. I've had a look at one or two others and read them occasionally but, this one apart, I've never joined one. It's partly because it's taken a long time for either of us to acknowledge the 21st century, partly because this one seemed so friendly, and partly because I'd been reading the mag since issue one, so already felt sort of part of it. I am getting to the point now though where I just have to come here at least once a day, if only to quickly check what's new. And that's from someone who gave themselves the user-name 'bluemoon' coz they didn't think they'd visit very often!
          Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
            I always thought forums (fora?) were for saddoes with no friends. Now I know that its the only place I can waffle on about compost, water butts and mulching.
            Nah! they're for saddoes with LOADSA friends!
            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by Tracey View Post
              Mentioning water butts. I was in homebase today and they had water butts for sale which you build yourself using small pieces of wood (about 1' x 3"). At first I thought may be it was for decorative purposes and you would put the plastic one inside but the display model had a tap on the wood and plenty of gaps for water to leak out off! Am I missing something?
              I think the principle is based on those old wooded barrels for keeping wine in. when its full of liquid the wood swells and holds it in....however what happen when you start using the liquid and the level drops don't take a rocket scientist work out.
              Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X