No announcement yet.

One person CAN make a difference...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obviously every little helps and as long as we don't all get super smug about the little (or big) things we're doing then (fingers crossed) we'll get there eventually. I'm trying to use my car a lot less and prefer to cycle / walk short distances anyway. Our public transport system round here is good for some journeys but terrible for others (both from a financial and practical point of view) however I still try to use it when appropriate. It's also worth remembering that even if you feel you have no choice but to use your car, you can still use it in a more reasonable manner, ie think of your route, can you car share, amalgamate a few things into one trip etc. This tends to save money and in some cases time so everybody is a winner!

One other thing, ignore the people who make disparaging remarks about what you're doing, if your aim is to make things better then, even if it only makes a tiny difference then it's soooo much better than if you did nothing. Long journey, lots of little steps etc!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I quite agree! All those little things can add up to something huge, not only that, your actions can actually influence the actions of others and think of the ripple effect that can have.
      Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
        Obviously every little helps and as long as we don't all get super smug about the little (or big) things we're doing then (fingers crossed) we'll get there eventually.

One other thing, ignore the people who make disparaging remarks about what you're doing, if your aim is to make things better then, even if it only makes a tiny difference then it's soooo much better than if you did nothing. Long journey, lots of little steps etc!
        Great point Alison. We should all be just doing our best, and concerned with our own contribution, not whether we're doing more, or less, than the next man. People can become very over-zealous (as in religion and football teams!) about their green-ness or organic-ness! Everyone should feel proud of themselves for each step they take to reducing waste, cutting pollution etc.
        The fact that we're on a forum dedicated to veg growing, means that everybody here has taken at least one step in the right direction!
        So, well done everybody, keep doing what you're doing!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X