No announcement yet.

Remember Seed Addiction?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I noticed that T&M were more expensive than some others, but then I read that WHich report where they came out as one of the best for germination rates (some of the others were shocking!) and now wonder if 'you get what you pay for'! So I still buy quite a bit from them, although can't resist some of the varieties the other merchants have...!

This is a link to the post about the Which report
    http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ghlight=report
    Last edited by SarzWix; 20-10-2007, 07:43 PM.

Comment

I didn't plant half of what I bought this year (lack of dug ground, too hectic a schedule and knew would lose a lot to slugs and hadn't planted in trays early enough). So I have a fair few unopened packets and half packets from this year. But we have killed off all the weeds, and expect to dig over all the ground for next spring. So I will have a lot more space (plot is not huge, but 12' x 50' is enough space for me to start with if I can fill it!!).

I reckon that means I will need:
      seed potatoes
      maincrop peas
      french beans
      lots and lots of different lettuces
      tomatoes - maybe 2/3 varieties
      cauliflowers
      spring onions
      onion sets for spring
      more carrots
      courgettes

I think that should keep me going. I have already noticed that there is a far better choice of seeds from the catalogues than the GC's and DIY stores over here. And that it's fresher (a lot of what was being sold this year was packed 2/3 years ago). So I might make 1 or 2 bulk orders with the money off vouchers, and rely on the mags for a few more packs (lettuces, tomatoes etc) to keep me going.

Comment

I got a surprise delivery of garlic for planting the other day! I'd ordered it ages ago and completely forgotten about it, so was rather happy when that arrived!

I'm the same Winged One, I had a real lack of prepared ground, so don't really need to buy things like carrots, broccolli, lettuce etc.

My OH still won't let me near garden centres, as I still manage to buy seeds, even if I don't need them!

Comment

Well there's an old garden centre down the road from us that is closing for good this weekend, So I intend getting there this week to do a clear out!!! For seeds and whatever else I can get my hands on.....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X