Possible TV Licencing scam.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible TV Licencing scam.

Just had an email saying TV Licencing have lost/canelled my direct debit and I need to apparently pay for this immediate month at least.

Looks very good and very convincing. Except I paid for an annual one, the licence number doesn't match and I suspect the address is incorrect for TV Licencing, and they refer to me by my email not by my name, which the actual payment confirmation a few months ago used.

As I have my confirmation by email I can compare easily. So the 4 discrepancies were quickly seen.

As said it looks very good. So maybe be aware.

It is very likely to cause concern to some.
    Last edited by Kirk; 18-04-2020, 03:37 PM.

Had the same email, sure it's a scam. Also I often get one telling me that they will cancel my phone account for the same reason.

Comment

Some people are total b******s!

Comment

I've had a couple of these.
        Advice about this scam at https://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/faqs/FAQ288

Comment

I quite enjoy the phone calls from "Microsoft support" telling me I have a serious problem with my computer. My record for keeping them talking is nearly 10 minutes. I feel am doing a public service to 10 other folks they have not had time to call.
          I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

If you hover your mouse over the email address it will tell you the senders real email

Comment

Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
              If you hover your mouse over the email address it will tell you the senders real email
              Alternatively, unless you find the whole thing entertaining, just ignore all such mails. No official/reputable organization would e-mail you about such things.
              Ignore - don't open - don't click - delete.
              I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

I’ve had this one, it was very slick and professionally done, except lots of links and the date was in the American format.
                Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X