No announcement yet.

spamming on private messages

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to those of you who PMd me. I've only just managed to come onto the site this lunchtime, but have banned the member concerned and reported the matter to GYO.

We have been pretty lucky on this site in terms of spamming. If you are in any doubt about anything please report it to either Pigletwillie or myself, either by PM or email. We are here to sort these type of things out.

I take your point Quark that folk might not know who the Moderators are. I will see if I can arrange something which indicates this more clearly on the site.

Hope it hasn't ruined anyone's day!
    ~
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
    ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

It looks like it has added a bit of interesting chat and more luviness in general rather than anything else Jennie. Sorry I couldn't remember where off Scotland you were earlier - headcold making me fuzzy this morning, so the lighthearted banter was a boon!!

Comment

I chanced clicked the link, Seahorse (it was a link not a download) and it was a quite fun list of life's observations and witty epithets which many on this list would probably quite like (e.g. "Even if you win the rat race you're still a rat" attributed to Lilly Tomlin).

I can understand that spamming isn't permissible but this particular one wasn't offensive.

bb

Comment

I also got it - then when I went to show it to a colleague it had disappeared. Reported to mods - who kindly informed me what they had done.

This makes me glad to know I wasn't singled out though.

Good work Mods

Jan
          Jan A novice gardener - first year of growing

Comment

I was a Mod in the 60s - scooter, parka jacket and everything!

KK

Comment

60's bit too old for me, only just though, did catch the revival in the early 80's with the jam tho.
              Kernow rag nevra

Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.
              Bob Dylan

Comment

I remember the 80s. Started the decade living in Dubai, bought a house in Plymouth, went to work in Nigeria, then to Tanzania for a couple of years before moving back to Plymouth and from there to Andover.

All things being considered, quite a busy decade! Even managed to fit in a divorce in the middle of it!

KK

Comment

That's a busy decade alright! I helped my dad in our garden, fought with my siblings (lots), finished primary and started secondary school, and all from the same little bedroom shared with my sister (well, I got to kick her out in 1990!).

Comment

Funnily enough I received an email today from a guy with whom I worked in Tanzania 22 years ago and hadn't heard from or of since! It looks like he found me by doing a Google search for my name!

KK
                    Last edited by scared55; 27-09-2007, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by scared55 View Post
                      I was a Mod in the 60s - scooter, parka jacket and everything!

KK
                      Sorry Scared 55, I was a biker chick - loved those big bikes - my brother had a scooter and all the gear and we used to argue like *******. Still you and I both turned out to be gardeners, didn't we? Still love the sound of a big bike, though. We had the Eastern Lights bike run from Norwich to Lowestoft in the summer and I took daughter and grandchildren to have a look!!!!! Grandson (aged 2 and a half) was most impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by scared55 View Post
                        I remember the 80s. Started the decade living in Dubai, bought a house in Plymouth, went to work in Nigeria, then to Tanzania for a couple of years before moving back to Plymouth and from there to Andover
                        Oh! I was born in Plymouth, my OH is currently in Dubai, and my father lived in Andover. No matches on Tanzania/Nigeria though.
                        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by rustylady View Post
                          Sorry Scared 55, I was a biker chick - loved those big bikes - my brother had a scooter and all the gear and we used to argue like *******. Still you and I both turned out to be gardeners, didn't we? Still love the sound of a big bike, though. We had the Eastern Lights bike run from Norwich to Lowestoft in the summer and I took daughter and grandchildren to have a look!!!!! Grandson (aged 2 and a half) was most impressed.
                          In honesty I was never 100% into the mod scene - the scooter was until I could get a car. Interestingly my daughter, who lives in Paris, reently bought her boyfriend a new Vespa for his birthday, and it is so like my old scooter it's almost scarey!

KK

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                            Oh! I was born in Plymouth, my OH is currently in Dubai, and my father lived in Andover. No matches on Tanzania/Nigeria though.
                            How small is this world becoming? Does that mean you are going to move to France as well?

Having said that, I recently saw some pictures from Dubai and, after the five years I spent there from '77 to '82 (working on the Jebel Ali port construction) I don't think I would like it now. Sadly, these days, the similarities between major cities seem to outweigh the differences - it is as though they all want to look like big American cities.

KK

Comment

LOL - how funny one comment can change the subject matter completely!
                              From spam to mods to 80s to where we live!

For me a 60s baby - missed the mods, the 80s were a blur (liked the pop too much) moved around alot - including Plymouth (but alas no where like Dubai etc).

Have a hankering for a bike too! But no doubt it will just be that... a hankering!

Jan
                              Jan A novice gardener - first year of growing

Comment

Originally posted by witch-1 View Post
                                LOL - how funny one comment can change the subject matter completely!
                                From spam to mods to 80s to where we live!

For me a 60s baby - missed the mods, the 80s were a blur (liked the pop too much) moved around alot - including Plymouth (but alas no where like Dubai etc).

Have a hankering for a bike too! But no doubt it will just be that... a hankering!

Jan
                                I think I am old enough to get a big Harley now, but settled for a Mazda MX5 instead in, of course, British Racing Green.

Is that another change of subject?

KK

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X