How do you store your pots and seed trays

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you store your pots and seed trays

I have just came back in the house after making a shelf to hold my seed trays and flower pots, bu though the shelf is tidy just now when I start sowing or potting on everything will end up all higalty pigalty, so I am looking for suggestions on how to store these items and storing in a hut etc. is not an option.
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Would a seat storage outside work?
    Mum has one of those . I have a store non seat one . I also use plastic racking outside (could use inside)
    Last edited by Containergardener; 31-03-2020, 03:43 PM.
    Northern England.

Comment

Stuff the flowerpots down the legs of your OH's tights (when she's not wearing them obviously).

Comment

I have those plastic draw units in the coal bunker for garden storage but also have bottle cloches and pots hanging on the door, see below.
        Attached Files
        Cheers

Danny

Comment

I use my old green wheelie bin, when they started charging extra to empty it, I found a new use for it.

Comment

I have a potting bench my son built for me. It has a shelf underneath for flower pots and modules and there's space underneath for flower buckets and large pots
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

I have a storage box ( without the seat) outside.
              Mu pots, seed trays and other related gardening items are stored inside.
              I have a clip on rack inside the shed door for hanging up tools.
              Fleece is stored on plastic bags under the staging.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

I have simple wooden shelves, the kind that you used to be able to get for a tenner. They get used for pots and tray storage during the time they're not needed, then turn into storage for seedlings indoors when January/February comes, and then all of them get dragged into the greenhouse for shelves with bigger plants, then they get relegated out of the way once everything gets potted into their final places. Brilliantly versatile and lightweight for little me to move them about
                https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

Mine are in two big clear bags & they go in the shed,it’s not organised at all,some seed trays are on top of my kitchen cupboard. A shelf sounds good should be easy to keep it tidy or would more shelves help,if you had a couple one could be untidy?

Comment

Only ever buy pots in 2-3 sizes? That way, they will stack easier and look tidier ;-)

COI spent a full day off trying to tidy our garage, took a carload of assorted recycling to the tip (before lockdown), and garage still such a mess I honestly couldn’t tell the difference!

Comment

This shelf can hold 12 trays if turned the other way, but the cats are more likely to be able to upturn them. I have another set of shelves outside chocca with trays and pots. They get sorted in shapes and sizes no more than once a year

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200329_210811_657.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	220.9 KB
ID:	2386775
                      https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

This is how I store (some of) my pots and seed trays.

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1142.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	240.6 KB
ID:	2386776

There's another heap in the log store and boxes of newish ones in the toolshed. They're so neatly organised in sizes and lying flat in cardboard boxes that I can't bring myself to disturb them so I rummage around in the GH.

Comment

VC if I could get my greenhouse, huts or garage ad tidy as that I would be quite happy, and Sarriss I have a stackable shelf like that so will clear that and possibly use that for storing my pots
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X