This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    Decision made....I can last until Tuesday ...unless it starts raining again this afternoon ( putting off other shoppers) I will wait til then.
    It's about working out when the quietest times are isn't it?
    Not sure if you can do this, Nicos, but we phone the chemist in advance to make sure they've got what we need to avoid having to make a second journey if they don't have what we want in stock and so have to order meds.

On a separate issue, my flour delivery has arrived. Already wishing I'd ordered more of their wholewheat bread flour, though.

Comment

• I've eaten mushy peas on toast and in sandwiches with lettuce and mint sauce.
      So versatile......................when you have nothing else.

Found 2 jars of Pickled pears too - they look like something from a laboratory..............concentrate, that's laboratory, not lavatory, although........

Comment

• My sister has just told me that her local bakery is now selling bread flour and fresh yeast. Unfortunately she doesn't live near me but maybe I'll check out my local bakeries.
        An elderly relative is moaning that she's got cold. Worrying, but presuming it is only cold she obviously needs to be reminded about social distancing. She's obviously not self-isolating (as she tells me she is) or she couldn't have caught it.

Comment

• Here the whole country is locked down. There's very limited interurban traffic. My wife and I haven't been out of the flat for several weeks. One of our sons does all the shopping for us.

Comment

• Afternoon

Gone quite cool .
            Not much energy here either Janie. Found some side effects of meds awful but had to take mine on a morning.

After some pottering , tiny bit of weeding and seed sowing I came in for a sit . Dogs had taken over the seats and OH was listening to a documentary , so went back out with camping chair and sat reading with a hot chocolate, a slice of mums banana bread in the greenhouse.
            Have put chicken into marinade for tea.
            Northern England.

Comment

• Knackered today. Been a day of statistics and data quality. It's less fun than it sounds.

Just a cup of tea for me please
              https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Gawd, another phone call from Drs today, and they are throwing yet another tablet at me, just in case... They added regular antibiotic few weeks ago, now adding a statin. I already wake up to breakfast on a selection of about 12 tablets and 2 inhalers ...

I moan, but I do appreciate the NHS, even the hospital clinics seem to be ringing nearly every fortnight.
                Anything is possible with the right attitude, a hammer
                and a roll of duct tape.

Weeds have mastered the art of survival, if they are not in your way, let them feed bees

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                  Pure luck got a slot for shopping at As**a for the 26th, so my neighbours and I are sorted for another week, yay. I haven't been in a supermarket for over 10years so I'm not about to start now unless we get desperate! Oh and Te**o can do one in future.
                  Asda have released the week up til 6th May today near us, possibly there could be slots still available near you all hth x
                  and a roll of duct tape.

Weeds have mastered the art of survival, if they are not in your way, let them feed bees

Comment

• Morning
                    Cool breeze again but forecast is for full sun.
                    I'm going to clear out the greenhouse so OH can pressure wash it.
                    Other than that I'm not sure yet
                    Have a good day
                    Northern England.

Comment

• VC -my OH made hummus with split peas and it works really well.
                      You can do it with broad beans ( so presumably any bean?) too.
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

VC -my OH made hummus with split peas and it works really well.
                        From dried peas that have been soaked? And dried beans? Oohhh!
                        https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

VC -my OH made hummus with split peas and it works really well.
                          Originally posted by SarrissUK View Post
                          From dried peas that have been soaked? And dried beans? Oohhh!
                          You can use most beans/peas to make a dip or sandwich filling. They're very versatile - especially if you forget that they started out as ancient dried out things found in the back of the cupboard.
                          Many years ago, we had flown to Istanbul. Flight had been delayed and, by the time we reached the hotel, we were starving. All the restaurants had closed - the only place open was the bus station with a cheap and cheerful snack bar. There was a great mound of something red (veg not meat) so I asked for some. A great dollop on a big white plate, a pile of crisp Cos lettuce leaves and some pita bread. It was gorgeous - I ate the lot.
                          Cooked red lentils, with chopped onions and some spices and you spooned dollops onto the lettuce leaves and rolled them up to contain the lentils. I still cook an imitation version of this and remember that night in the Bus station.
                          Just eaten some of the mountain of mushy peas with chips and lots of mint sauce.

Enjoy your food everyone - whatever you've found to eat.

Comment

• I love lentils. Just put a stew on to cook overnight in slow cooker as weather looks rainy tomorrow. We always have big family roast on Sundays with my Uncle and parents joining us after Mass ends, so having lazy Sundays for a change x
                            and a roll of duct tape.

Comment

• Evening
                              GH is lovely and clean again, the sun was lovely and warm later on so sat out reading .
                              Dogs walked before tea. Could see another field fire /smouldering. Everything is so dry.
                              Enjoy your evening
                              Northern England.

Comment

• Originally posted by Containergardener View Post
                                Evening
                                GH is lovely and clean again, the sun was lovely and warm later on so sat out reading .
                                Dogs walked before tea. Could see another field fire /smouldering. Everything is so dry.
                                Enjoy your evening
                                Blimey, pee'd it down here overnight and until mid afternoon. Needed it mind. It's all starting to get a bit surreal now I think...makes you wonder about the real world (oh yes I've had a glass or two of wine!).
                                To see a world in a grain of sand
                                And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X