This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
    You might say we're being paranoid. But our village is probably 60% over the age of 60. Anything we can do to stop the spread is the right thing to do.
    So don't fill up the car. Stay in the house. That's not meant to be harsh, but to point out the dilemma.

Of course there will be social interactions, but what is being discussed is what and how much. When we set off to the caravan site on 20th Mar we had assessed the situation as best we could. During our time away we knowingly saw two other people (or it might have been the same person twice) not out of preference, within touching distance - to get and hand back the caravan keys. I stayed at arms length as did they.

What I find totally unacceptable is the people who were out and about as if nothing was happening. As I said we did our very best to observe social distancing. Where it didn't happen was down to others being selfish and/or thoughtless. I am aware of the life span (as known currently by the scientific community) of the C19 virus. I had NO wish to get near anyone at all. There was plenty of space so it didn't have to happen, but it did and I'm furious about that. But we needed the time at the coast and I thought that the GOV measures were sensible at that current time (except for pubs being open). But they were being totally ignored by the majority of people who were out.
    Last edited by smallblueplanet; 23-03-2020, 04:05 PM.
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

• Anyone like a drink?
      The Cavern's open.

Comment

• A double for me please, or even a triple!

Comment

• I think it's fair to say that the advice has been confusing for a lot of people. I think a lot of the people who were out and about were probably trying to be somewhere that wouldn't be too busy, only to find everyone else had the same idea. Ultimately, you can only control your own immediate environment, so safest to stay at home as much as possible from now on.

I'll have a peppermint tea if there's any behind the bar.
          Last edited by self-contained; 23-03-2020, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
            A double for me please, or even a triple!
            No problem. Apparently some pubs are doing take-aways!
            To see a world in a grain of sand
            And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

• I'll have a chamomile tea, please. Still off the booze. Mind you, the bottles of wine are calling out to me. Though not as loudly as the crisps, it has to be said. Loudest of all were the ginger biscuits, but they're no longer to be heard because they've all been eaten.

I'll make some tomorrow, I think.

Now here's a question. I've been rummaging round and trying to sort out what we call the 'dry fridge' that we have down in a cold cellar. It's an old fridge that we use as a cupboard, as it's mouse and insect-proof. At the back I found an unopened packet of Whitworths crystallised fiery ginger. Best-before (not eat-by) date: May 2019. What do you reckon? Safe to bake with or not? Please say safe. Though don't of course if you think it's not.

Comment

• Had to go into GP's for my INR test, very quite as was town. Went into Iceland Wilko and the Chemist and all had markings up at the checkouts to maintain the 2m gap.

Iceland shelves ok ish got a couple of pizzas salad and a couple of tins of chopped toms.

Priority shop was dog treats from Wilko
                Cheers

Danny

Comment

• I'd eat it.

Edit: The ginger, not the dog treats!
                  Last edited by self-contained; 23-03-2020, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Now here's a question. I've been rummaging round and trying to sort out what we call the 'dry fridge' that we have down in a cold cellar. It's an old fridge that we use as a cupboard, as it's mouse and insect-proof. At the back I found an unopened packet of Whitworths crystallised fiery ginger. Best-before (not eat-by) date: May 2019. What do you reckon? Safe to bake with or not? Please say safe. Though don't of course if you think it's not.
                    If you gave it to me, I'd eat it, without hesitation. You've made me want some now - and the closest I have are ginger biscuits! They'll have to do.

Comment

• Our local micro pub the Thirst Edition are open from 7-9 for takeaways. I went to the chemist this morning to pick up some prescriptions and they had a one way system in place where you went in through the main entrance went single file with chevrons marked at 2m intervals to keep everyone apart then once you reached the prescription counter at the far end of the shop you were served and you went out the rear door which had a sign exit only into the carpark. So people were coming to the rear door were told to go round to the front and queue about 50% complied or said they would come back later the other 50% ignored the request and shouldered past the queue and gathered in a heap at the start of the queue and then went to the first chevron and started to queue at 2m intervals, so stupid. After standing for 20 minutes I got to the counter as a woman came in through the back, I foolishly told her that she was supposed to go round to the front door and was told to get out the f'in way and she carried on through to join the gaggle at the end of the queue. I then remarked to the chemist that his system didn't work and offered my services as a 'bouncer' on the rear door, he declined the offer and said to his assistant that it was going to be a long day.

Comment

• Wine n soda and crisps please....
                        Had physio appt today . She was a bit eek should I have attended with my history being immune suppressed but I needed brace adjusted . She is just going to phone me next time , 3weeks time . Thought my orthopaedic appt next week would get cancelled .
                        When I got home message off ortho secretary cancelling my appt . New one will come out in the post.
                        She feels.its going to take longer to heal due to my condition and medication ��
                        So I'm goin to carry on doing it my way ...dog walks with brace on (crutches where required) and going to start easy yoga and pilates exercises.
                        Onwards .
                        Ginger ewww. Ginger biscuits yum . Great dunkers.
                        Northern England.

Comment

• Ginger mmmmmm,i got some in the pantry,the only thing is snoop,they do loose some strength of flavour,i do like a very nice nibble,
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

I'll have a chamomile tea, please. Still off the booze. Mind you, the bottles of wine are calling out to me. Though not as loudly as the crisps, it has to be said. Loudest of all were the ginger biscuits, but they're no longer to be heard because they've all been eaten.

I'll make some tomorrow, I think.

I would use it. Best before date all to do with taste. Add a bit extra in case it has lost some strength.
                            Don't blame me if it blows your brains out!!!!
                            Last edited by greenishfing; 23-03-2020, 06:18 PM.

Comment

• Local travel news is reporting a que of approx 80 cars waiting to use Macdonalds drive through before it closes!

Why would you?

Comment

• They'll be queuing outside Greggs tomorrow night - as they're closing too.

Now if it was chocolate I could understand it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X