No announcement yet.

A long Winter.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In B&Q Crewe gardening bit while car being serviced. Saw a big bumblebee buzzing about. Must have been half asleep tho' as was nowhere near any flowering plants - unless it was looking for greenflies.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegi potager View Post
      I've been commuting to and from work in the dark since October, and have certainly had enough of the chill and damp. Not sure if I would really call it winter with only a dozen hard frosts to its name.

I am in the garden tomorrow!!! The pop up has been over the raised bed for the last few weeks so some radishes are going in and some peas in the cold frame...
      As far as I am concerned the sun is now awake at 7am so spring must be around the corner, and it is nice and warm in my GH to potter around sowing and re-potting.

I have just checked, I am on a day off on the 17th, so my 1st earlies, which are chitting nicely, will go in containers under another pop up to celebrate with you CtM I hope you will forgive me if I raise you a glass of Cafferys rather than the black stuff. Sláinte.
      Thanks Vp and a good pint of Caffreys is very enjoyable. I tend to prefer Smithwicks which is a carbonated red ale especially in summer and Guinness in the winter.
      Good luck with sowing your spuds

Comment

^^^Smithwicks- now I could get on board with that come summer, dreaming of BBQ, fresh tomato salads... <sigh>

Well it is officially Spring everyone, almost time to put away such foolish things as woolly hats and long trousers
        Not yet though, the forecast for the week doesn't get above 10c here
        V.P.
        The thing I grow best are very large slugs!

Comment

Only Spring for the Met Office. Still another 16 odd days for 'proper' Spring.
          Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

I can’t wait but I think there is a change coming, there was a nice sunset this evening and it was mild.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X