Santander 123 Changes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Santander 123 Changes

Through third parties heard Santander is cutting rate on current accounts to 1% pa from 5 May. Maybe that's how they've funded those puerile Ant & Dec ads!

They are also capping cashbacks.

They've kept that quiet!

1.35% is currently available on easy access savings accounts.
    Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

I don't think they've kept it quiet for existing customers - they wrote to tell me what was happening.... and it is clear on-line.
    https://www.santander.co.uk/personal...urrent-account

You either stay or move, simple!

Comment

Never had a letter and it's only clear on line using your link.
      I go straight to Log on and probably others do too and miss all the bumph and there's nothing after log on.
      They closed both local branches and I have one "Administrators" account which needs a branch, not that there's branches of many banks remaining now.
      Just getting tired of playing musical chairs with my bank accounts.
      Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

Haven't you got a notification in your e documents, from the menu on the left on the my accounts page?

Comment

No Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-02-03 at 21.07.46.png
Views:	1
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	2386249
          That's all there is going back to 25/11.
          Banks are very good at giving minimal info. The regulator forced them to display interest rates on the account page, previously you had to search for them. They rely on inertia and are not at all ethical. Look at PPI and mis-sold package current accounts etc etc.
          I can assure you that having battled for years until retiring in 2007, as an Inspector, with HMRC Corporation Tax mainframe programs, banks' computer functions are a doddle.
          Thanks.
          I rely on Money Saving Expert to keep me updated.
          Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

I understand how you feel about banks in general - but still wonder why I got a new terms & conditions leaflet and you didn't very strange …..

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X