Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by happyhumph View Post
    Never been quite sure what it's for, although it has made me laugh
    I only joined the vine mid last year so had no experience of previous years but when I read it it also made me laugh and want to join in, that’s what I thought the whole purpose of it was some light hearted entertainment among all the serious advice and questions. I think it gives members the opportunity to participate or just read the story which can go on completely different tangents,

I for one hope it’s not closed permanently but could open for a shorter period though I don’t see what difference it makes. If you don’t want to have anything to do with it then just don’t read it.

Comment

My cynical self originally thought it was a device to keep the throughput high on the vine over a time when things would be naturally quiet so as to keep the advertisers happy. The construct has changed subtley over the years and whereas it used to be almost totally everyone trying to change conversational direction with every new post that now doesn't seem to happen but hey ho, things will inevitably change with time and different personalities. I haven't consciously avoided the GR, I just haven't been inspired to go in.

Comment

Don't look at the number of posts, Ap, but the number of people who join in. There were only 16 Grapes this year - and some of them posted only once.
        Life's too short to count earlier years and I'd rather play with seeds.
        The thing is, if anyone wants to change the direction of the thread, they need to join in and do it. Full credit to Can the Man who jumped in with both feet and didn't land in the muck pile. Without your input, Can, it would have been a real damp squib.

Comment

Thanks for the vote of support and confidence boost VC

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X